Chapter 13

ʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13
"ᴍᴀʀᴋᴜꜱ"

Jungkook let out a sigh, looking at himself in the mirror again. His fingers were twitching at the end of his shirt as he nervously pulled it into better shape. Even as he ran his hand through his hair, he still wasn't sufficed with his appearance. Normally he didn't care as much, he'd just throw on something comfortable rather than something fashionable, but today was different. 

"Sit down, you look fine," the angel said, looking at the man from the mirror. Jungkook simply made eye contact with him, an uncertain expression on his face.

Jimin looked at the human. To him, he looked absolutely stunning. Ripped skinny jeans and a black t-shirt that was tucked into his pants, both wrapping his frame perfectly, were draped over his body. His black boots finished off his look perfectly together with a leather jacket, the silver details bringing attention to his frame.

With an unsure look, the younger still opened up his drawers and took out a slightly maroon-tinted beanie, pulling it over his head. After adjusting his hair once again, he looked only the slightest bit more confident at himself.

"Taehyung saw you when you just woke up and were wearing an apron, I don't think looks matter at this point, Jungkook," Jimin added with a giggle.

Jungkook's cheeks heated up at the memory, he was still embarrassed about that. Still, Jimin's laugh brought a smile to his face as well. He couldn't stay mad at him forever but he could still be mad at himself for ever falling asleep in the first place.

"You should've woken me up," Jungkook accused, sitting down next to his friend. Jimin just smiled at the younger's anger and embarrassment. 

"You needed your sleep, you were exhausted," the angel rationalised. In reality, he just thought Jungkook looked too cute and at peace to be woken up, especially after all the anxiety he had been through that day. He didn't want to ruin the moment.

"Aren't you supposed to be my guardian angel? Then why didn't you protect me from embarrassment?" Jungkook asked laying down on his bed.

"I'm not your guardian angel. I'm more like a guard who just happens to be an angel. I should just show up when you're in danger, kick a demon in their face and then leave," Jimin explained, looking down at the younger. "It's just that talking to you is a lot more interesting than staring at a wall waiting for something to happen," he added, only half-joking.

"Well thanks, glad to know I'm an upgrade from a wall," Jungkook mumbled in a sarcastic tone. Jimin just chuckled at that, laying down next to him.

"You're welcome," Jimin quickly retorted.

There was a moment of silence. Jungkook nervously fumbled with his jacket and closed his eyes just slightly. He still felt tired even now. To say he was nervous for this date was an understatement. There weren't many people interested in him so he didn't go out often. He didn't quite know what to do with himself and didn't have instincts to rely on. It all made his thoughts race more than what would be considered healthy.

Slowly, Jungkook rolled his head slightly to the side, letting it rest against Jimin's shoulder. He let out a deep sigh, letting his worries drift away even for just a second. They both knew Jungkook only naturally gravitated towards Jimin because of his calming aura. It made him feel better, it calmed him down when nothing else could. In that moment it didn't matter. He just wanted to stop worrying and it was a comfortable position. Any underlying meaning was willingly cast aside.

The sudden shift in aura, however, shook them out of their trance. Jungkook looked up at the new shape in the room, quickly shooting up. The man's wings were white and muscled, his hair a caramel hue. He was lean, maybe slightly thinner than normal, his features quite defined.