Chapter 29

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 29
"ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅɪᴇ"

When Jungkook woke up again, his eyes and throat were sore. He had no idea how long he slept for or whether he should be following a lecture at that moment, he just knew that nothing mattered as soon as he stared into those deep, brown eyes at first glance. It took a couple more blinks and a sleep-ridden groan to fully realise Jimin was lying next to him. 

"Good morning," the angel said, suddenly second-guessing his words. "Well, good afternoon."

Jungkook pushed himself up, his messy bangs falling over his eyes. His fingers slipped from in between Jimin's, not paying too much attention to them. He was more concerned with the fatigue still holding his body in its tight grasp. "What time is it?" he asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. His voice was groggy and weak, but Jimin could hear it almost too loud since they were so close together.

"Almost two," Jimin answered, rolling over and unlocking Jungkook's phone, which was at a dangerously low battery percentage. The younger had forgotten to charge it the evening before because he was too preoccupied with praying for Jimin. The only thing he did consciously was vigorously scrubbing his hands, everything after that became a blur of mumbled prayers and tears.

"Well, I missed all my morning lectures, there's no use going now," Jungkook decided, letting out a deep sigh. His mind still felt clouded and heavy. Whenever his sleeping cycle would get messed up he would suffer the consequences. Some people could easily pull all-nighters and still function like normal, Jungkook was quite the opposite. He could go a day without sleep, but then when he would catch up on it he would almost slip into a coma, feeling dazed for at least a day afterwards.

He would feel as if his life was put into slow-motion. Moving became harder as his limbs seemed to weigh more than normal, or maybe his muscles were just weaker. His mind seemed to work slower and he reached conclusions slower, one only hitting him after staring at the angel next to him for a full minute. "Did you stay here the entire night?" Jungkook asked blinking a couple more times. Jimin simply nodded.

"You were holding me and I didn't want to wake you up," he explained. "I did follow Namjoon and Jin around when they came back, but you were stirring in your sleep, almost like you had a nightmare, so I tried to calm you down but you just latched onto me again."

Jungkook thought for a second before realising what Jimin was talking about. Namjoon had left him that evening to help Jin. He had called him saying he needed a place to stay now that his apartment was treated as a crime scene. Namjoon had offered their apartment without a second thought, not that Jungkook minded. Only checking with him once, he left to pick up his friend.

Taehyung stayed with him for a bit longer. They hugged and kissed until Jungkook's fears slowly shrunk, but never did they disappear. That became evident when, after asking many times, Taehyung finally left his apartment to go to his own. Only after a few minutes did Jungkook's mind start racing as well as his heart. 

Thoughts and emotions alike overcame him, flooding his mind like a tidal wave. He couldn't take the possibility of never seeing Jimin again, he had become too attached to him for that. The chance of losing him kept him wide awake. Scenarios played in his mind again and again. He could imagine how his life would be like without Jimin, how a different angel would take his place or how demons would get him before that could happen. His mind plagued him with thoughts of how he could've saved Jimin, how he should've pulled him away from the bullets. He couldn't stop thinking about it no matter how much he tried.