Epilogue

ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ
"ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴᴛᴏʟᴅ"

The sunlight felt calming on his skin after all the torture he had been subjected to. It made warmth grow under his skin and calm was over him. Relaxing to the bone, Yoongi let out a deep sigh. He looked up at the sky, only holding up his hand as protection from the sun. He needed this and he had needed it for a long time.

Flying back to Earth had taken all his strength and facing what had been down into the depths of Hell even more so. Of course, the angels were there, dozens of them all locked up and chained to the walls. Their skin was filled with needle marks and bruises. Yoongi could only image what had happened to them during all that time they were locked up. Now they were free, but still fallen. They could never go back to Heaven, being now forever robbed of their home. It caused a weird sense of nostalgia and sympathy to rise inside of him.

One of the prisoners was worse than the others. Most had grey wings and a tainted aura but were still resilient. They carried the love of God even deep inside them. But the one way at the end of the hall, he was different. At this point he felt more like a demon than an angel, his wings were pitch-black as were his eyes. He was smudged beyond compare and if Yoongi hadn't seen his face he'd think the prisoner was unsavable. It was unlike anything Yoongi had ever seen and he could feel his heart crack the sight. What had happened to him remained a mystery, but his imagination wasn't kind to him.

Yoongi didn't get the chance to think any further of all the trauma he had been subjected to. A shape appeared beside him. There was no particular aura attached to him. If he wouldn't have seen him in his peripheral he wouldn't have noticed his arrival at all. Of course, only one person would come look for him right now.

"You know, you said some time ago that there were certain questions you couldn't answer yet," Jungkook said.

"I did," Yoongi replied, looking at the younger. His skin was healed almost perfectly, even freckles and a natural blush were visible again. Any leftover marks looked natural. You could hardly see he was ever scathed by the fire in the first place. "But it seems you might've found some answers already yourself."

Jungkook nodded. "I guess so," he said before gulping. The human looked down, nervously playing with his fingers. "Like father, like son, right?"

For a moment silence fell between them. Yoongi knew this conversation was exactly why Jungkook was here, but hearing him outright say his suspicions still made him shiver and gulp in discomfort. "Right," Yoongi muttered, not looking at the younger again.

They just looked ahead in silence. There were children playing around, chasing after each other and laughing. Jungkook couldn't help but smile at the sight. For a moment he wondered whether he and Yoongi would've been like that if things had turned out differently, but he didn't let the fantasies distract him too long.

"You know, they never told me why I would get executed. They just strapped me to that chair and killed me, not even giving me a chance to defend myself," Jungkook said. "But Jimin has told me a lot since."

The elder only nodded, a sad and nervous expression on his face. "What exactly did he say?" Yoongi asked. It took Jungkook a moment to think of how to word his next sentences.

"He said there was an angel a long time ago, one that left for Hell to follow a friend of his, but he never returned. A few years later he was found on Earth with a human, the human was expecting. Miraculously nine months later a child was born. Children like that aren't supposed to exist, they most often die in the womb, but somehow this one survived. A few months later the angel left the two to struggle on their own and he was never seen again, nor were the mother and the child," the younger explained. There was a slight sadness in his tone, a hint of malcontent.