Chapter 2

"How could you Ava?! We were meant to be together!" Damon screamed using his vampire speed to grab yet another village person and bite viciously into the boys neck. The boy screamed but quickly fell silent as he crashed to the floor.

"Stop Damon! Its my fault, take it out on me! Not all these innocent people!" I yell, trying to find something inside him that will bring his usual self back to me.

But he was gone.

No humanity left.

"You're right, it is your fault." He smirked, slowly walking towards me, and with that I ran to the woods.

I ran for my life.

I woke up with a shudder. I'd fallen asleep on the plane. Luckily there was no-one sitting next to me so I didn't look stupid. I pulled my watch up to my face and squinted at the glass face. It was nearly midnight, which meant we would be landing soon.

I took a deep breath and wiped my brow as some sweat had started to gather there. My throat was dry and I had hunger growing inside my stomach. I needed to feed.

Luckily I still had my blood bag, so I moved out of my seat and made my way the aeroplanes bathroom. I pulled the blood bag out from under my shirt and ripped the top off it, I plunged my fangs into to bags, drinking the blood.

The taste was exquisite, I drank more and more and I could feel my strength gather immensely. After a minute or so I was draining the last drop out of the bag and there was a knock on the door.

Scared, I grabbed a load of tissues and wiped my mouth and flushed them down the toilet.

I shoved the empty blood bag down the side of my skinny jeans, which caused some of the remaining bits of blood that I couldn't drink to seep into my jeans. I freshened myself up then calmly unlocked the door.

"Sorry about the wait." I smiled at the young boy who was waiting outside the door, he looked at me and smiled.

"No problem hun, sorry about rushing you." He smirked, his eyes scanning my body. Ugh he called my hun and was now checking me out. If it was just us here and he said that I would've ripped his head off.

But since I wasn't I smiled at him sweetly and made my way back to my seat. I slumped down into the chair and sighed. About 10 minutes left until we land. Thank God, I hate plane journeys.

"Ava Gardener!"

I looked up to were the voice was coming from then I saw a small man in a leather jacket holding up a sign with my name on it, sighing with relief I picked up my cases and walked over to him. He smiled when he saw me.

"Sorry about the wait, my luggage took forever to come through." I complained as he kindly took one of my cases.I followed him to his taxi and he took my bags and placed them into the boot. I got into the back seat of the taxi and pulled my phone out.

One new message.

I pressed the envelope to see a text from Kyle. Can the boy give me a break? The text read:

"Hey Ava, hope you got there safely, just to let you know Uncle Max will be going over to see you in a couple of weeks to check up on you. Miss you already -Kyle x"

No! Not Uncle Max! He was the reason I wanted to leave England in the first place. He was my guardian after my previous one, James, was killed by a werewolf. He treated my like a kid all the time. I hated it. He never let me feed from blood bags either, only animals.

I told the taxi driver where to take me and we set off. I was so tired form the journey so I plugged my earphones in and started to play some calm music.

As we were nearing Mystic Falls, I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that there was trouble. I pulled my earphones out and looked to see where we were. I saw a sign in the darkness. I squinted to see what it read, 'Wickery Bridge'.

I relaxed back into my seat, only to be disturbed by my driver who was telling me that I was about two minutes from my destination. With that information in mind I placed my phone and headphones back into my bag and zipped it up.

I put my shoes back on as I had previously taken then off. Heels on a plane are a total no.

We pulled up to a small house that looked unoccupied. I got out the car a proceeded to the boot, opening it and pulling my luggage out. I walked up to the drivers side of taxi and paid him.

As he drove off I walked up to the house. If the forms have gone through the house should be officially mine. I pulled a key out of my pocket and slide it into the lock, I twisted it and it clicked, I pushed the door open and nervously took a step in.

No invisible wall.

I smiled to myself and pulled the rest of my luggage in and closed the door shortly after. I dragged my cases up the stairs of the two-story house and opened what I guessed was the bedroom door.

I looked in to see a king-sized bed and a beautifully decorated room before me. I flung my cases on the floor and collapsed on the bed. Falling asleep instantly.