Chapter 5

*3rd Persons POV*

"Look brother, you've waited for this girl to come back to Mystic falls for over 100 years, can't you just go to her and confess your love already." Rebekah Mikaelson moaned, staring at her brother as he paced eagerly around the room. He turned to her, a mad expression on his face.

"Do you really think it would be that simple Bekah? She only knows about us, not our names, what we are like or anything, so you really think I should go up to her, all lovey-dovey and confess my love to her? Good plan Bekah, Good plan." He laughed sarcastically and instantly frowned again.

The blonde original sighed and got up, a plan brewing in her mind. She will make her borther go to this girl or she'll take matters into her own hands.

"Look, you said it yourself, you cant go up to her and confess, just gradually get to know her." Rebekah explained trying to help him with his dilemma. He spun round on his heels and gave her a threatening and impatient look.

"And how do you suppose I do that, little sister?" He smirked a bit, awaiting her answer. Rebekah simply crossed her arms and pouted her lips.

"Go to the one place she'll be going to. School. Go back to school Niklaus." She finished with her well known smile and used her vampire speed to leave the room, leaving him there with a grin on his face and a plan on his mind.

As mush as he'd hate to admit it but his sister was right, he needed to go to the place she will be for the time being and that's at the school.

Klaus turned the corner round to the Mystic Grill and spotted the boy that Rebekah's got her eye on, Matt if he rememebered correctly.

The hybrid burst the doors of the grill, causing some to people to turn and look at him, putting on his usual cocky smile he walked up to the bar and ordered a glass of whisky.

He sensed eyes on him so he turned around, ready to tell whoever the hell it was to mind their own business but his eyes fell upon none other then the girl herself.

Ava.

Klaus shifted in hiw seat and quickly downed his whisky. Turning to leave, she suddenly appeared next to him, her face looked uneasy, upset almost.

She slumped down onto her barstool and got the barmaid to pour a bourbon for her. Klaus watched as she quickly gulped her drink, slamming the glass on the counter and raising her hand for another.

"Easy love, don't want to get too tipsy now." He laughed, studying her. Ava turned to him and gave him a 'don't even bother' look. She was about to down her second glass until she turned to him again, squinting at the hybrids face.

*Ava's POV*

I knew it! It was the guy from the school that magically disappeared.

"Were you at the school today?" I asked, wanting to know who the hell he was. I saw his figure and face tighten as he shifted yet again in his seat.

"Yes is was as a matter of fact, I'm joining tomorrow so I was just familerising myself with my surroundings, got a problem with that love?" He replied a cheeky tone to his face as he gave me a devilishly handsome side smile.

I blushed and downed my second drink and shook my head.

"I thought I recognised you, that's all." I said simply, smiling and getting off my barstool and making my way to the door.

"Do I get to know your name?"

I spun on my heels to see him standing behind me, making me jump. I sighed, knowing that he probably wouldn't leave me alone if I didn't tell him.

"It's Ava, Ava Gardener" I replied "And you?"

"Niklaus Mikealson, or Klaus for short." He said with a smile, making me swoon in my mind but my actual expression was hard. I smiled and turned back to the door, walking out and using my vampire speed to get home.

*3rd Persons POV*

Across town however, Damon sat brooding in the Salvatore Boarding house. He still couldn't believe Ava was actually back. And here of all places.

When he found out what original compelled him all that time ago, they'd have hell to pay. The sound of a door opening and closing snapped Damon out of his thoughts. Stefen and Elena walked into the room, Stefan giving Damon an uneasy look.

"Did you talk to her?" Stefan asked even though he already knew the answer.

"Oh no Stefan, I just popped out to the shops, you know? Got some really good groceries! Of course I went to see her, she was one of the most important things in my life you think I wouldn't go and see her?" Damon snapped sarcastically at his stupid question.

"Okay Damon, you don't have to be like that." Elena muttered, cutting in. Damon glared at them both. How were they supposed to know how he was feling? They had no idea. Neither of them knew how he felt about Ava and he didn't want them to know.

With a final look to them both, Damon disappeared from the room.

"Care to explain?" Elena questioned, placing a hand on her hip as she look at Stefan. He simply shrugged his shoulders.

"I know as much as you do, they use to be together in 1873 and let me tell you it was a love to remember." Stefan chuckled, playing with his daylight ring. Elena looked unsure. Could Damon actually love someone without hurting them?

The Damon she knew was reckless and mean. he never knew him to love anyone other than Katherine.

"What happened between them?" She asked, wanting to find out more about this Ava girl. Stefan sighed which obviously meant he knew.

"Damon was compelled by and Original to kill and turn Ava, but at the time neither of them knew that."

Elena stood there, shocked. She knew that Damon had to be the reason that Ava was a vampire, but compelled by an Original? Why would and Original Vampire want Damon to turn his love into a vampire?