Chapter 6

*Ava's POV*

Ok. New day. Going to get through this.

I jumped up off my bed, shoved my ipod on its dock and pressed play, loud music started to burst through the speakers, I wiggled my hips to the music and danced over to my dresser. I brushed my hair and done my usual make-up.

I got dressed into a cute dress that came above my knees, with  a pretty floral pattern on it, I slipped into some ankle boots and made my way out the house, grabbing my school bag on the way.

"Hey Ava!" I heard a familiar voice shout my name, I swiveled on my feet to see Bonnie calling me over and waving her hand, I waved back and made my way over to her. I was happy that she and her friends knew about me so I didn't have to keep it a secret anymore. I think it was Stefan who enlightened the group.

I slipepd my phone into my pocket and began walking only to stop as someone stood in my way.

Klaus. Niklaus, whatever his name is. He stood there with a half smile on his face and a bag slung around his shoulder.

"Excuse me." I murmured, letting out a quick smile and brushing past him. I couldn't help that I pissed him off as I watched his face as I went past, his eyes cold. Who cares? I don't. I don't even know him. I got to Bonnie, she had a worried look on her face.

"What is it?" I asked, frowning. I followed were her eyes were looking to. Klaus. I sighed and looked back at her.

"Who is he? I spoke to me yesterday like a creep." I complained, pulling her arm and turning her to go to class.

"Who is he?" Bonnie repeated "That's Klaus Mikealson, The Original hybrid. Haven't you heard of the Originals?" The Originals. Of course he was. Hybrid? What the hell is that?

"What's a hybrid?" I asked, giving Bonnie a look. She stopped and turned to me.

"I'll explain all at lunch, it's a bit of a long story." She sighed, walking into the classroom and taking her seat, I followed and made my way to my seat, pulling out my journal and started my entry.

Dear diary,

Why does everything have to be so complicated? I just wanted to get on with my life here in Mystic Falls. That obviously isn't happening. Witches, Vampires, Werewolfs, Originals, Dopplegangers and now stupid Hybrids? Why cant it just be normal? Why cant I be normal? Damon will probably want to talk to me today, I really don't. I just want a week of peace, to settle in, get to know people. I don't need all this drama already. And then there's this Klaus guy. Original Hybrid or whatever, I don't care. Can't he just leave me alone? I don't even know what he wants with me, its obvious he does as he wouldn't of been looking at me the other day and seemed shifty at the grill. This is going to be a stressful week, I can tell.

I closed my journal and slipped it back in my bag

"You keep a journal?"

I snapped my head up to see Stefan, I nodded as he took his seat next to me as this is one of the classes that Elena isn't in.

"Yea, the only way I can remember things otherwise they just build up inside me and I end up losing the plot. I've been doing it since 1899, once I got out of my crazy years of going mental and attempting suicide every second." I replied, relaxing back into my seat.

Stefan's face dropped when I said the last bit. Everyone does that when I tell them.

"You lost the plot?" He swallowed, turning in his seat and facing me. I nodded.

"I never ever wanted to be a vampire and when Damon sort of turned me, I went off the rails. The only way I knew to calm myself is kill people and not drink from them. Everyone was afraid of me, even the local vampires. One thing would happen and I would snap, I had no-one to help me until 1898, a girl found me when I was trying to drink a lethal dose of vervain, she stopped me and helped me get back to old self, which surprisingly worked. She said she'd come and meet me in England one time but she never did, I don't know what happened to her" I complained, shifting in my seat to see Stefan thinking.

"What as her name?"

"Lexi, she told me she done things like that all the time, she was like a sister to me, she helped me bring back my humanity." I stated, but when I said Lexi's name his face dropped and he sighed.

"I knew Lexi too, she helped me get out of my whole 'ripper' series, she was one of my best friends until-"

"Until what? Have you spoken to her?" I asked eagerly, my head moving closer to Stefan's.

"Until she died. Damon uh, killed her." Stefan murmured.

I couldn't believe it.

She's been dead all this time and I didn't know. And of course. It had to be Damon who killed her. Anger rushed through me, my eyes darkened, red veins popped out as my pupils turned red.

"Ava! Calm down!" Stefan whispered. I couldn't calm down. That was Damon's last chance. I jumped up from my seat and used my vampire speed to rush out the school and too the Salvatore boarding house.

I stomped over to the door and violently swung it open, to see Damon lying on the sofa drinking a bourbon. Classic Damon. His head snapped up and her smiled when he saw me.

"Ava, what are you doing here? Skipping school like a bad girl are we?" He joked, pulling his classic side smile which always made my stomach flutter.

But I was too angry to hear his stupid comments. I rushed over to him, slamming him against the wall with my hand round his neck. My eyes changed one again and I drew my fangs out to him, making him pull his head back from me.

"Why? Why did you do it!?" I shouted, using my strength to violently chuck his stupid body on the ground, I rushed over to him as his back smashed against the hard wooden floor, straddling my legs over his hips I slammed his head into the floor repeatedly. He tried to regain himself and get his voice.

"What- what are you talking about?" He squeezed at my grip, trying to pry my hands off from around his neck but I just pushed harder. He was only a few years older than me but my anger made me stronger.

"You! You killed Lexi!" I bit out, using my speed I quickly picked him up and I threw him into the nearby book shelf.

But instead of laying down on the ground he sped over to me, slamming me against a wall and pinning my arms down so I couldn't move, I hissed out at him, showing my fangs again.

"Why the hell do you care about Lexi? Did Stefan blab his little sob story to you?" He snapped back, his face angry. He had no idea that Lexi was the one who helped me when he ruined my life, so I was going to do that to him. I was going to ruin his life.

"Lexi was the person who managed to stop me from killing myself everyday! When you destroyed my life I went mad, killing people if I felt the slightest bit upset and not drinking their blood, she helped me when there was no-one and you killed her!" I screamed out, his face dropped and his hands dropped of my arms.

"Ava I-" I wouldn't let him finish his sentence, so I brought my newly free hands up and snapped his neck like a twig.

His lifeless body aimlessly dropped to the floor. I walked over to him, bending down to his ear so my words lingered in his ears hen he woke up.

"Game on Damon. I'm going to make your life a living hell." I hissed, and with that I sped out the door and ran to the woods.