Chapter 27

My eyes slowly flickered open, taking in my surroundings. I was in some sort of cave, I looked around to see Abi. She had a stake in her stomach and she was covered in blood.

I tried to move but my arms burnt. I the saw that I had been strapped to a chair and the ropes that were holding me down were obviously soaked in vervain.

"Abi." I breathed, trying to see if she was awake. I couldn't hear anyone around so I continued to call her.

"Abi... Abi wake up!" I cried, I saw her fingers twitch and she flopped her head to the side. Relief coursed through me as she moved.

"A... Ava?" She breathed, her eyes adjusting to the place we were in. That guy knew about vampires so he's obviously a hunter. But something was different about him, he was stronger than any other hunter I've come across.

I was going to reply but I heard footsteps and the man came around the corner, carrying a duffel bag.

"Morning sunshine." he cooed over to Abi, I struggled to get my arms free but it was no use. He spun his head around to me and smirked.

"And you're up too, nice too meet you again Ava, I'm Connor." He greeted, turning to his bag and pulling out three small stakes which smelt of vervain.

"Now Ava, you're going to answer my questions, then no one gets hurt, ok?" He smiled, walking over to me and crouching down so he was eye level.

"Sorry hunny, I'm not talking." I smiled back which made him sigh.

"Hm, I hoped you'd be like that." He smirked, grabbing one of the small stakes and plunging it into my chest. The vervain burnt my flesh as it stuck in my body. I gasped but bit back the pain, showing no emotion.

"You missed." I laughed, throwing my head back and breathing deeply.

"Now, back to the questions, how many vampires are there in Mystic Falls?" He threatened, holding up another stake over my stomach. I laughed at him.

"Everyone, didn't you know that? Everyone's a vampire." I laughed, making Abi laugh too. He that drove the second stake into my stomach, making me wince in pain again but my face was emotionless.

"Don't joke around with me. Tell me, how many?" He growled, putting down the third small stake and picking up a normal sized one, this time he held it over my heart.

"You really think I'd tell you? It must be hard to believe but we're all friends here and we wouldn't expose each other." I pointed out, sighing deeply.

"I knew you'd say that, sorry about this." He smiled. I closed my eyes, awaiting the stake to my heart but instead I heard another gasp. I didn't feel any pain on me. But when I looked over to Abi I screamed.

He staked her in the heart. Her body started to turn grey and veins travelled up her lifeless body.

"NO!" I screamed, anger exploded inside me. Along with pain and hurt and sadness, the feelings overwhelmed me, making me snap.

I switched it off. No more humanity for me. I used the anger that still sizzled in me too rip the ropes off and snap Connors neck. He dropped lifelessly to the floor and I smiled.

"Not today." I muttered, I glanced over to Abi again but I felt nothing.

I walked out the cave, turns out I was in the tomb under the church, luckily I remembered Bonnie dropping the spell completely so there wasn't an invisible barrier keeping me in.

I forgot about the stakes in my body so I ripped them out, hissing out of my teeth from the slight sting that remained.

"I'm hungry." I moaned, speeding through the forest and to a road which was just outside the forest.