Chapter 4

*3rd Persons POV*

"As If we didn't need anymore vampires in Mystic Falls, now we have one that probably wants revenge on Damon. Ava can't do anything drastic or she'll make things ten times worse than they already are. With the Originals back we have enough on our plates."

Stefan placed his pen down then sealed his journal journal shut. With a small sigh, he rested back into his seat only to have Damon suddenly burst into the room.

"There's something you're not telling me." Damon moaned, snatching Stefan's journal and reading his lastest entry.

"That's supposed to be private." Stefan complained, standing up suddenly and glaring at him.

"C'mon brother, I've read you journals many, many glorious times. So who are you brooding about this time... Who's Ava?" He asked, a concerned look on his face.

He obviously didn't know many Ava's. Apart from the obvious. Stefan groaned inwardly. He had to tell him or he'll just got to her and find out the hard way.

"Her name is Ava Gardener. Apparently you knew each other in the 1800's. And apparently you killed her and turned her." Stefan explained smoothly. Damon's face went pale. He definantly remembered her.

"Where is she?" He demanded, slamming down the journal. The younger Salvatore shrugged his shoulders and gave him a look.

"She just goes to school with us. That's all." He replied innocently. And with that Damon sped out of the room. Stefan felt bad for Damon finding out about Ava from him.

As Stefan stayed in pleace, Damon tore through the boarding house. How the hell did she become a vampire? He though to himself.

Yes it was Damon who forced his blood down her neck but he thought he was too late. All he remembered is that he had to kill her and turn her. How the hell was Damon supposed to know that she would complete the transition? She hated the thought of being a vampire.

Damon began wondering around town, asking random people if they know where Ava was living. He turned the corner and saw Matt outside the grill. Damon quickly walked up to him and swung him round to face the vampire.

"What th-"

"Do you know where Ava Gardener lives?" Damon cut in before Matt could ignore him.

"Yea she lives in the small house down the street, the one that's been abandoned for ages." Before he could even finish his sentence however, Damon had already used his vampire speed to reach the house.

Sure enough there was a light on in the front room. The vampire nervously made his way to the front door and knocked a few times. He heard noise from the other side of the door.

"Just a second." He heard someone yell. Yea, it was her alright.

She was never organised enough to expect the door to go. Her voice sounded different, an English accent in her voice. Damon heard footsteps come to the door and he braced himself for the worst.

*Ava's POV*

I was just fixing some curtains when I heard someone at the door, considering I'd just had a shower and I was only in a towel I should probably go and get changed.

"Just a second." I yelled, Using my speed I ran upstairs and got changed and quickly dried my hair. I sped back down the stairs and made my way to the front door.

Probably neighbours welcome me to the town even though I lived here in the 1800's already but they don't need to know that. I chuckled to myself and opened my door.

Revealing Damon.

God what did I do to deserve this?

"Ava." I heard him gasp my name, I looked straight at him, his eyes slicing through mine, seeing his evil but sexy smile and perfectly structured face made me flutter inside but I held myself together.

"Damon." I breathed, walking forward and using all my strength to punch him in the face.

"That's for 1873." I bit out as he was on the floor clutching the side of his face. I smirked to myself as he rolled on the floor in pain. Gradually he pulled himself up and sighed.

"Yea, I get it, you're angry with me, ok? But there's something you need to know about 1873 that you haven't been told." Damon said, a serious look on his face.

Curious as to what he meant, I sighed and let him in the house as I was the only person living here and me being a vampire, he could've come in anyway without being invited.

I rubbed my arms nervously as he examined my small yet comforting home. I sat down on my sofa and looked up at him. He was facing away from me so I couldn't see his face.

"Well? What is it that's so desperately important that you had to interrupt me?" I asked a bored look on my face, he turned when I finished speaking and walked over to me.

I shifted my legs when he sat in the chair close to me. He leaned his head down and sighed, he then brought his head up again, melancholy flickered in his eyes.

"I was compelled."

"What?"

"That night in 1873. I was compelled to attack those people, destroy their houses and then kill and turn you." He repeated with more detail.

I sat there with my mouth wide open. I couldn't believe it. He couldn't have! Vampires cant be compelled! Unless... It was an original that compelled him. I was snapped out if my thoughts by Damon calling my name.

"Ava? Ava say something, please." He pleaded, looking straight into my eyes.

"Wa- was it an Original?" I stuttered, my breathing more intense. Damon nodded, it couldn't have been anyone else, so obviously one of the Originals wanted me to die and become a vampire. But why?

"Why would an Original want you to kill and turn me?" I asked. Probably one of the most impossible questions for anyone to answer. Damon of course shook his head and sighing deeply.

"I wish I knew. I'm sorry about what I done to you. If you would've stayed with me then we'd still be together."

"But considering I thought you'd turned me do you really think I would've stayed with you? It ruined me Damon! I couldn't cope with anything! I was nearly not going to complete my transition, but Abigail needed me." I explained, hoping Damon would understand.

Abigail was my baby sister, only 3 years-old at the time. My mother died from flu when she was born and my father died in the army, so I was responsible for Abigail. Damon loved Abigail, treated her like a daughter and always played with her.

"Did Abi have a good life?" Damon asked, I could see there were almost tears in his eyes. I simply nodded.

She died when she was 64, married with a loving husband and 2 children. I didn't want to talk about this anymore. I wanted Damon to go. Thinking about my past would just break me again and make me do something reckless.

"You need to leave Damon. I don't need this stress right now."

He looked up, his face dropped into a frown and he slowly stood up. He started walking towards me which scared me a bit as I wasn't very good with people being near to me so I clutched my arms in tightly as he pulled me in for a small hug.

"I'm glad you came back Ava, I've been wanting to know how you've been for a while." He breathed into my hair, sensing that I was cringing away he let go of me and made his way out the door. Once he'd sped off I ran to the door and slammed it shut, sliding the lock.

I slid down the door and started to silently cry.

My nightmares came back, but this time they were real.