Chapter 8

I slipped into gown that had been left for me on the doorstep. It was obviously from Klaus as the note that came with it read:

"See you at 7 love, be ready."

I smirked as I pulled the strings on the back of the corset and tied them up. The dress was beautiful, strapless with the bottom flowing beautifully around my legs. It was a deep blue colour which made my brown eyes pop out more than usual.

I slipped on the black satin gloves that came with it and put on some matching jewellery. I done my usual make-up with a little bit more eyeliner. I'd loosely curled my hair let it drape over my back and shoulders. I grabbed a small purse that matched the outfit and made my way into my living room.

It was 6:58 so Klaus would be here any minute. I don't know why I'm so nervous. Yes, Klaus was good looking but there was no love in my heart for him.

Well not yet maybe. I was about to sit down on the sofa when there as a knock on the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door to see an extremely handsome Klaus in black tie. He smiled and took my hand, kissing the back of it.

Just that gesture reminded me of the ball that Damon and I went to but I put it to the back of my mind.

"You look stunning love." He smiled, scanning me from head to toe. I smiled in return.

"And you look very handsome." I replied, I couldn't lie about how good he looked. He held my hand and guided me over to his car and drove us to his house.

My mouth dropped when I saw the beautiful mansion that stood before me.

"You live here?" I asked gobsmacked as Klaus walked me through the doors into an amazingly decorated room. I studied every detail of it until some paintings distracted me. I wondered over to them and fell in love with them. Art is one of my passions, I loved seeing other people's work.

"Who painted these?" I asked, still studying every inch of the paintings that stood before me. I saw Klaus smile.

"I painted these, most of the paintings in this house are mine." he replied smoothly, which made my jaw drop.

"Well you're a divine painter." I complimented, making him smile even more.

"Come meet the family." He whispered in my ear and with that he took my hand and walked me over to a group of people that were already greeting people. They smiled when we came over, making me nervous.

"Ava this is my sister, Rebekah" He said, pointing at tall, beautiful blonde girl, she smiled in reply and then walked off.

"This is Elijah." He was pointing to a sharply toned, slender man who smiled at me and came over, taking my hand like Klaus did and kissing the back of it, I blushed in reply.

"Hello there, Ava isn't it?" He asked, his voice was mesmerizing, I nodded and smiled in reply. I heard someone call Elijah's name and he excused himself and walked away.

"This is Kol and Finn." Klaus finally pointed over at two men who seemed to be arguing but their attention was drawn to us. The one I guessed was Kol came over, a devilish smile on his face.

"You must be the famous Ava. My brother Niklaus here doesn't shut up about you" He smirked, making Klaus give him a death stare, I laughed in reply and shook Kol's hand.

"You must excuse my siblings, they seem to be being ridiculous right now." Klaus apologized.

"No worry, my sister was the same." I don't know why I said that considering whenever I spoke about Abi it upset me but saying that to Klaus didn't make me feel upset, I felt fine.

"Well that's siblings for you." Klaus laughed. Wow he had a sexy laugh. I was snapped out of my gaze by sensing someone. I turned around to see Damon standing with Stefan and Elena, they were all looking over to me but I decided no drama.

"Can I see the rest of your paintings?" I asked. Klaus grinned and took my hand and walked me into another room.

"I'm sensing you know the famous Salvatore brothers?" Klaus asked as we slowly walked in front of a room with more paintings on the walls. I sighed and nodded my head.

"I'm guessing you want the whole story huh?" I joked as I stared at a painting of girl, that surprisingly looked a lot like me I looked in closer to see the same daylight necklace around her neck.

"Who is this?" I asked, grabbing Klaus' attention. He looked uneasy when I asked.

"Just a random girl I remember seeing in the 1800's." he replied, a nervous tone to his voice. I shrugged and continued to look at more paintings. I heard music from the other room and turned to see Klaus holding his hand out.

"Care for a dance?" He asked, side-smiling at me, I grinned and took his hand and he lead me into a huge room already full of people. We took our positions, Klaus placed one hand on my waist and the other in my hand, my other hand was on his shoulder and started to dance.

It came to a part of the dance were you had to temporarily change partners and I fell into Damon's arms. My smile immediately faded as danced.

"Why are you with Klaus?" He asked sternly. Anger spread through my body. He had no right to ask me questions about who I'm here with.

"Its none of your business. He asked me and I accepted. He's actually a very nice person, so just leave me alone." I snapped back quietly as I stepped out from Damon's hold, twirled then got pulled back into him.

"He's the enemy here, you cant be with him." Damon bit out, causing me to squeeze his hand and break it. He winced in pain but put on a face to hid it.

"Will you stop that!" He whispered angrily. I smiled at him.

"I told you, leave me alone, or I'll make your life a living hell" I smiled and went back to Klaus, his face was concerned.

"You ok there love?" He asked as I took a deep breath.

"Salvatore problems, nothing to worry about." I replied, putting on a happy face. Inside I wanted to dart over to Damon and rip his heart out but I couldn't.

Klaus again sensed I was angry and he pulled me out the dance room and out the house, leading me towards the gardens, which were candle-lit. It looked like such a romantic atmosphere. We walked over to a bench and he sat me down.

"You and Damon seem to have a past if I'm correct." Klaus said. I simply nodded.

"He was the one who turned me. Then the other day I found out he killed the person who got me through the first few decades of my new vampire life." I sighed, I felt tears coming into my eyes which soon enough started to stream down my face and drip onto my dress.

Klaus pulled me in immediately for a long deep hug. He rubbed my back soothingly and I snuggled my face into the crook of his neck.

"Shh love, its ok, I'll make sure he wont bother you." He said into my hair as he hugged my tighter.

"H-how?" I gulped into his neck, my tears staining his shirt as he'd taken his jacket off to wrap around me even though I didn't need it.

"I have my ways." He replied, control in his voice. We sat there for the rest of the night just talking. it was nice though. Was I falling for Klaus Mikealson?