Chapter 16

*3rd Person's POV*

"You're wearing that to prom?" Caroline snorted in disgust as Elena walked out of the changing rooms.

"Why? What's wrong with this?" She frowned playing around with the dress that flowed down to her feet. The vampire raised her eyebrows at her friend and shook her head.

"Nothing, nothing. I just wouldn't have thought you'd pick something like that." Caroline mumbled as Elena gave her a strong look.

Caroline sighed and sat down. Her being her, she had already got her prom dress 3 months ago. She was about to say something else when a draft hit her on the left side of her face. Caroline lurched her head around to see that new girl, Ava looking at dresses.

"Ava." Elena gasped staring at her. Ava turned her head and smiled at Elena

"Hello Elena, fancy seeing you here, I'm just picking out a dress for prom. Haven't been to one before so I could use your help." She smiled sweetly at her as Elena agreed happily whereas Caroline was a bit more reluctant.

"Yea sure fine." The blonde vampire groaned as Ava hugged Elena and we got to work on picking out a dress for 'Original Ava' as everyone likes to call her.

Caroline couldn't help but feel off about the new girl. She spends way too much time against her friends when she should be helping them.

"Hmm, I like the blue one." Elena said as Ava walked out the changing rooms in a beautiful red gown, it was strapless with sequins running all the way down it.

Caroline envied her. She had the figure for that dress which was the one that she originally wanted to buy herself.

"Yea I prefer the blue one." Caroline agreed as Ava shrugged her shoulders and went back into the changing rooms.

"So Elena, have you spoken to Stefan?" The Forbes asked, curious as to if he was going to take actions against the originals. Elena shrugged her shoulders and zipped up the dress she'd chosen in a long white holder.

"Not since the whole... Thing." Elena murmured.

"You mean my kidnapping." Ava cut in, now in her normal clothes and holding onto the red dress.

"I think I'll have this one." She smiled, walking up to the cashier and paying for it, then leaving the two girls standing there.

*Charlotte's POV*

I drove my way to the Mikaelsons mansion, staring happily at my new dress which I knew Caroline wanted. I pulled up and saw what I think was Rebekah's car which isn't usually here.

I hopped out my car with the dress and walked inside, only to find myself staring at Damon in chains and blood dripping form open wounds on his torso.

"Wow, someone's in trouble." I laughed as his drooping head slowly looked up at me.

"A... Ava." He breathed, pain in his voice.

"Da... Damon." I mimicked, walking up to where he was restrained and raising my eyebrows.

"Get... Get me o-out of here." He breathed, flopping his head back down and sagging his body, pulling on the clamps that pierced through his wrists.

"I wouldn't if I were you."

I turned around to see Rebekah walking behind me, I raised my hands up and stepped away from Damon.

"Wasn't going to." I smiled, walking out the room to hear Damon groan as Rebekah walked up to him.

I continued to look around the house and see who was in when I found myself in the art room from before, I continued to be mesmerised by the paintings that stood before me, until I found myself at the painting that I did before, I squinted at the writing in the corner.

"June, 1873, A." I mumbled, looking once again at the girl that was sitting sideways in the painting. She looked like me, the same hair, eyes, daylight necklace, and it was in June 1873. The same month I was turned. I knew Klaus drew it, so he cant deny it.

"If you were wondering, yes that is you." I turned slowly to see Klaus standing in the doorway, arms crossed.

"Why did you lie to me before then?" I questioned, placing the dress on the back of a nearby chair and folding my arms also.

"Because you didn't know the truth before, but now you do so I thought might as well tell you while you're there." He replied, smiling. I raised my eyebrows and turned back to the painting.

"You made me too pretty." I sighed, tracing the outline of the girls hair in the painting, Klaus joined my side and looked at me

"Its how I see you, you are one very unique person." He complimented, making me blush a little. I turned to face him, blood flowing through my cheeks.

"Anyway, what's got Rebekah all wound up?" I brought up, changing the subject. Klaus shrugged his shoulders

"Your guess is as good as mine, she's a short fuse that one." He chuckled and picked up my dress bag, unzipping it and looking wide eyed at the contents.

"You're wearing this to prom?" He asked, still looking at the dress.

"Yea, Caroline wanted it but I thought I'd get it first." I replied grinning at him.

"Well, I'll definitely be coming with you, you will look beautiful in this on my arm." He turned, handing me the dress and pecking my lips before turning and leaving the room. I breathed, exasperated and walked through the house to go up the stairs, passing the room Damon was in.

"You really want to be wi... with them don't you?"

I snapped my head around to see Damon, his head held up, sorrow on his brow.

"They actually treat me like a person, maybe some of them, but I feel fine with them, better than I did with you." I hissed, not looking at him I sped up the stairs and slumping down on Klaus' bed and chucking the dress neatly on the top of the bed.