Chapter 17

"So, Sir Niklaus, will you escort me to prom?" I teased as Klaus appeared in black tie, like he did for the ball but he looked more relaxed and comfy. That made me smirk a bit. Klaus raised his eyebrows at me and looked at me funny.

"Only if you'll have me." He grinned, holding his arm out to me, I gladly put my arm around his as we headed out the mansion and to prom.

"You look so beautiful." Klaus complimented, scanning me in my red dress, I wore some black lace up heels with other black accessories which matched the dress. I blushed and grinned.

"Thanks." I said, smiling even more. We walked through the forest to where the prom had been laid out and made our way to the main section, I'm not gonna lie, pretty much everyone turned and looked at us, I heard a few girls saying about Klaus but then I heard boys talking about me, which I could see made Klaus a little angry but I just laughed it off.

"Calm down Klaus, don't want to kill the guests before the first dance" I joked, pulling him over to a quiet corner and placing my hands on his shoulders.

"I don't really want anyone to be talking like that about you love, puts me on edge you see." He replied, looking over to some boy who was talking about me. I grinned and caught the boys attention, he trailed over to me and stood in front of me.

"Stay still, don't talk. You've upset my date here, and I'm not very happy about it." I frowned. The boy just stood motionless in front of me. Drawing my fangs I pushed forward and sunk my canines into his neck, drinking rapidly at the blood the leaked out of the puncture wounds. The taste was exquisite, I was about to loose control and drink every drop until Klaus pulled me off him.

"Remember nothing, leave, you got sick and went home." He compelled and quickly bit into his wrist and force fed him his blood, the boy drank it and walked away, completely ignoring everyone. Klaus then turned to me, raising his hand and wiping away blood that had trickled out of the corner of my mouth and then drinking that for himself.

"And I thought you were the sensible one." Klaus grinned, licking the blood of the pads of his fingers, I shrugged my shoulders and licked my lips

"Well I was only having fun, besides, I haven't fed in a while." I moaned, I still had hunger in my stomach so I will be feeding again tonight. I left Klaus as he got a phone call and walked over to drinks table, picking up a cup of punch and taking a sip from the unusual flavour.

"Not your usual drink?" I snapped my head around to see a tall boy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes looking at me, I remembered is face.

"Matt?" I asked, he smiled and nodded.

"Sorry, not good with recognizing faces." I confessed, downing the rest of the punch and throwing the empty cup away, he raised is eyebrows at me but shrugged it off.

"You here with Klaus?" He asked. Ugh why does everyone want to know about Klaus?! I bet Damon put him up to this. If he got away from Rebekah that is.

"Yea, who wants to know?" I replied rudely, folding my arms.

"Woah, don't shoot the messenger. Elena sent me" He chuckled. Elena? What would Elena want with me?

"What does Elena want?" I asked, curious as to she wants even though it'll probably be about Damon and Klaus.

"I have no idea, she just wants to see you out by the Lockwood cellar." He said bluntly, the walking away from me. Lockwood cellar? Yea I know where it is but why the hell would she want to see me? Shrugging to myself I sped off to the cellar. No one here. Great.

"Eleeeenaaa," I sang, floating around the woods. I heard some branches snapping behind me so I quickly turned to see... Elena? No. Katherine.

"Oh what a surprise, impersonating the doppelganger are we?" I laughed slowly walking over to her. She smiled and tilted her head.

"Oh Ava, you know me better than that." She smirked, then reached forward and pulled me into a hug.

"I missed you Katherine." I whispered into her long curly hair.

*Flashback 1870*

I walked around the church and hummed an old prayer song, I was waiting for Katherine so we could go out to town together. I felt a gush of wind next to me, I spun round to see Katherine standing there in a beautiful gown, a bit like mine but blue instead of green and more puffy.

"Katherine you're late!" I laughed as she came over and hugged me tightly. I knew what she was of course, she was like Damon but I couldn't say to him that I knew Katherine, but I never knew why.

"Sorry I had a late supper." She grinned, I spotted some specks of blood on her mouth, pulling my hanker chief out of my bag I wet it with my tongue and dabbed it were the blood was.

"I see." I grinned, shoving the cloth back into my purse.

"Well, let us not waste any more time." She giggled, raising her arm out to me, I linked my arm around hers and we set off to town.

*Flashback over*

"Sorry about the inconvenience of our last meeting, had to keep up the act that you didn't know me." I stated, as we walked around the forest.

"Yea well its not like I had a choice, I was starved of blood after all." She retaliated making me laugh.

"And they still don't know?" I asked, Katherine turned to me and held my arms.

"Ava Alisandria Louisa Gardener. Do you honestly think I would do that to you?" She smiled, she knew I hated it when she said my full name but she done it to annoy me anyway.

"Whatever you say Katarina Petrova." I retorted making her frown a bit, but then I realized someone was coming so we said our goodbyes and she sped off, leaving me there on my own, well sort of.

"Who was that?" I heard a snarl behind me, sighing I turned to see Klaus standing behind me.

"Does it matter?" I growled, folding my arms. He slowly walked up to me until I could feel his breath on my cheeks.

"It does if it involves Katarina Petrova." He snapped, causing me to get angry.

"That's none of your business." I argued, making him tense up. His eyes flashed yellow as he barked out at me. I was about to run but I felt two hands around my neck then snap. Everything went dark.