Chapter 25

So it was official. Damon and I are back together. I don't feel weird about it though, I feel like a part of me that was gone has come back. He was that part. Abi had explained everything about Kol to me. I didn't hate her of course, but it made me worry about her. Time can change people.

"You think too hard."

I was interrupted from my worries by Damon, walking into the parlour of the boarding house. I raised my eyebrows at him as he plopped in the sofa next to me with a glass of blood in his hand.

"You might want to think once in a while, save you a lot of trouble." I taunted, snatching the glass out of his hand and downing the contents. The taste was amazing, I felt strength gain inside me. Damon gave me a surprised look, then put on his cocky grin.

"Why would I do that when my lovely girlfriend here can do all the thinking for me?" He replied, snatching the glass away from me and pulling me onto his lap, making me straddle his hips. I tried to get off but his grip was tight and he wouldn't budge.

"Excuse me." I commented, giving him a stern look. He of course ignored me, locking his arms around my waist and pulling me closer too him. I simply looked away from him with a bored look on my face, he then started to kiss down my neck, little kisses that sent shivers down my spine.

"You know Stefan and Elena will be back any minute." I complained as he started to make his way along my jawline, leaving sweet kisses as he went. He pulled his face away and smirked.

"Does it look like I care? I've got my Ava back and there is nothing that could ruin that." He grinned, pulling my head closer and crashing his lips to mine. I brushed my fingers through his hair, while his hands caressed my body. Touching my lower back, my neck, down my spine, through my hair. Everywhere. It was like he was a part of me.

"I love you." he said into my lips. My brain was telling me to break away and leave but my heart was overpowering it, screaming at me to reply.

"I-I love you too Damon." I stuttered, still attached to his lips. I felt him grin as we continued to passionately make out, until the elephant in the room appeared.

"Hello Elena." I smiled, not looking over to her as I was still pretty much attached to Damon. She stood there awkwardly looking over to us. eventually I got irritated by her just standing there so I broke the kiss and looked over to her.

"Can we help you?" I smiled sweetly as she walked forward a bit. She was unusually quiet for some reason, then I realized.

Katherine.

She had straightened her usually curly hair and wore Elena's clothes so she smelt more human. Damon had weirdly not realized as he was to focused on me. Katherine knew I knew it was her and knew I would play along.

"Um Damon, have you seen Stefan? I need to talk to him?" She asked, putting a tone in her voice that made her sound really like Elena. Damon looked over to her.

"No I don't, he's not my problem, go and find him yourself. Prick your finger or something, that might bring him to you." Damon retaliated, glaring over at her because she had interrupted us.

"Ok Damon, there's no need to be rude." She replied, standing up straight. I tried to suppress my laughter because of how funny I was finding all this. Damon gave me a funny look.

"What is it?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow at me. I looked over to Katherine and winked at her. She smiled quickly and went back into 'Elena mode'.

"Ava why are you giving me that look?" She whispered, all of a sudden I rushed over to her, plunging my fangs into her neck as she screamed and tried to fight me off. I was only their a couple of seconds before Stefan appeared and ripped me off her. Laughing at their cluelessness, Katherine simply got up fine, wiping away the blood from her healed neck.

"Katherine?" Damon said, bewildered. She cocked her head to the side and smiled.

"Took you long enough," She grinned "You didn't have to be so harsh." She moaned, looking over to me, I simply shrugged my shoulders.

"Sorry." I smiled wickedly and turned back to Damon who gave me hateful look. I had explained everything to Damon about me knowing Katherine and the fact that we were friends, he hated it.

"What do you want Katherine?" Stefan glared, looking harshly at her. She simply smiled at him and plopped herself down on he sofa next to me.

"Well, I came to tell Ava something but since your here I guess I can tell you." She teased, making Damon look like he was losing his patience.

"I came to tell you that I know about the whole brotherhood of the five crap and what the tattoo leads to." She came out with. That was the current situation right now, I knew Klaus had that Connor guy after he nearly outed everyone to the whole town.

"And what does it lead to?" Damon asked, still giving Katherine the evils. Katherine turned to me before she said her next sentence.

"A cure. A cure for vampirism" She finished with a big grin. From what she was saying she obviously wanted the cure for me because she knew how much I hated being a vampire.

"That's not true and you know it, now get out of here before I rip your heart out." Damon replied angrily, standing up, walking over to me and pulling me off the couch.

"Hey! Stop!" I yelled, trying to pull my arm out of his grip but his grip stayed firm. I caught Katherine leaving before I was yanked upstairs. Damon barged into his room and pulled me in, closing the door.

"You cant trust her, you're just getting your hopes up!" He yelled, his cold eyes piercing into mine.

"You don't know her like I do, she's my friend and believe it or not Damon, I trust her." I retaliated, getting pretty angry at him. Damon threw his hands up in the air and moved closer to me

"Stop Ava! Stop trusting her!" He growled, his face remaining hard and cold.

"Why!? Why should I do as you say?" I hissed, feeling the rage build up inside me more and more. Before I knew it Damon had pushed me back and slammed me into a wall pinning me down.

"Because I love you, Av, and she will hurt you. She hurts everyone! You think she intends to give you the cure once she's got it but she won't! She'll probably use it on the one person she's scared of and that's Klaus. I don't want you to trust her because I don't want to see you get hurt by her manipulation and lies. I don't want you to get your hopes up and think you can go back to normal when you cant. I regret what happened back then, hell, I never stopped thinking about it, even when I still had my crazy obsession over Katherine, I still thought about you. I don't want you to get hope and lose it, it would kill me to see you like that! So please Ava, don't believe her" He spoke the last part in a whisper.

I was so stunned by his outburst, I didn't realize how much he wanted to protect me, even though she was my friend I did have my doubts about her.

"Ava, say something. Do something... Anything." Damon pleaded, hurt flickered in his eyes as he stared at me, waiting for a response. But I couldn't answer him. I didn't know what to say, or express what I wanted to say. So I did the thing that would assure that I understood him. I lunged forward, crashing my lips to his, he immediately responded, kissing back deeply.

"I'm sorry." I breathed into his lips as we crashed around the room, kissing and ripping each others clothes off. We ended up in just our underwear as we crashed onto his king sized bed. He lightly traced his fingers up my spine making me shiver and moan into his lips.

"Don't be sorry." He breathed back, he flipped me underneath him and pushed himself against me, caressing my body, making my shiver from his fingertips. His touch was like electricity, pulsing through me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."