Chapter 11

*Ava's POV*

My chest feels heavy, my back aches like hell, my throat felt like I'd been swallowing razors and my hands felt like I'd been punching a brick wall all night.

I slowly cracked my eyes open to see a sleeping Klaus under the covers with me. I smiled at what I saw, I found that a sleeping Klaus was even more handsome.

"Morning love." He mumbled, which meant I obviously woke him. His eyes flashed open, looking into mine. He smiled gently and brushed some of my hair out of my face.

"Feeling better I hope?" He asked, lifting my chin up to study my neck, I nodded and buried my head back into the pillow, causing him to lightly chuckle.

"So, what's going on today? Or do I still have to be under protection from your psyhco brother?" I joked, leaning up and stretching my arms out. I watched him lean up and rest against the headboard of the bed, shrugging his shoulders and frowning for a second.

"I don't know love, it was kind of my fault for his actions so I'm assuming he wont do anything else to hurt you." He replied, gently stroking my back. It felt nice, being touched by him. I felt so safe, but I knew I would have to leave soon.

"Well, that's reassuring." I mumbled, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and preparing to get up, only to crash to the floor as my leg had gone dead from the position I was sleeping in.

I'd barely touched the floor before Klaus shot over to me and caught me in his arms, repositioning me so I was in a bridal style carry.

"You're in no fit state to walk home love, I'll take you." He whispered in my ear as he glided down the stairs, out the front door then eventually to my abandoned house. He slowly lowered me onto the porch, making sure I gained my balance before leaving me be.

"Thank you Klaus, for the ball last night, for helping me earlier for comforting me, just, thank you." I smiled, leaning forward and lightly kissing his cheek, I turned into my house and entered it, closing the front door behind me.

I heard Klaus leaving, so I quickly but carefully got changed out of the clothes that Klaus gave me and into some jeans and a plain t-shirt with a black hoodie on top.

"I need a drink." I murmured, grabbing my phone as I'd left it from before and darting out the door towards the Mystic Grill.

I accidently burst through the doors a bit loud because early everyone in the grill stopped what they were doing and looked over at me, I mouthed 'sorry' and continued to walk over to the bar.

"One bourbon please... actually make that two." I groaned, rubbing my chest as it still felt hard to breath. The barman nodded and prepared my drinks, after a couple of moments he brought my drinks over and I paid for them.

I immediately downed one of them, slamming the glass down and sliding it across the counter to the barman, who weirdly winked at me, he was ok looking, young with blue eyes and dusty brown hair.

"You drank that fast." He laughed, picking up my empty glass and putting it into a sink, I smiled at him slightly, playing around with the other glass that was filled with drink.

"Well if you've had the day I've had, you would've drank the bar by now." I replied, raising my glass and downing the second. He laughed again and came over to me, taking the other glass.

"Well, what could a pretty girl like you be worrying about?" He asked, curiosity in his voice, I shrugged my shoulders, giving him a cute smile.

"Well... Its complicated." I sighed, biting my lip and checking my phone. I had a missed call from Damon. Ha, no way I was going to call him back, not after how he spoke to me last night, I was interrupted from my Damon drama by the barman.

"I've heard that one before, boyfriend bother is it?" He laughed, cleaning some glasses with a towel, I smirked and briefly nodded my head.

"But its not like your usual boyfriend thing, its a bit more confusing than that." I grinned, slipping my phone back into my pocket and smiling at the barman. He smiled back, flashing his teeth which were surprisingly white.

"Well I'm Dean, If you can't read the badge." He laughed, pointing at a name badge I didn't realise was there, I blushed and smiled awkwardly, pushing my hand out to him.

"Ava, new here" He shook my hand and laughed again.

"Well it was nice to meet you Ava, but I believe the guy over there wants to speak to you." I turned my head to see Stefan standing across the room, staring right at me. I groaned as he started to make his way over to me.

"Hello Ava." He smiled, sitting on the barstool next to me. I couldn't be bothered to reply so I just waved my hand at him.

"Right, well, we have some things to discuss." He informed, giving me his I guess serious look, which didn't look serious at all, I turned to him frowning.

"If this is about Klaus then I seriously don't know what your problem is with him, so just tell your brother that jealousy doesn't look good on him." I smiled then pulled myself off the barstool and made me way to the door, only to have Stefan dart in front of me, blocking the door.

"Really Stefan? I've not had the best day so can you just move so I can go home?" I asked as nicely as I could but I honesty just wanted to snap his neck and walk out the door.

"Sorry Ava but you're coming with me." And with that I felt a sharp pain in my neck and the last thing I saw was Stefan carrying me out the door with an empty syringe that I guess was filled with vervain, my eyes slowly closed as Stefan carried my passed out body to his car.

*3rd Persons POV*

Damon turned around to see Stefan carrying a passed out Ava in his arms and placing her on the sofa. Rage built up inside him at the sight of her unconsious.

"What the hell! I said no vervain! You think she's going to talk to us now? God you're so stupid!" Damon snapped, frowning deeply at him but Stefan was ready to argue.

"What? She wouldn't even answer your call, and she wouldn't come with me so I had otherwise she wouldn't even be here!" He grabbed his forehead and paced around a bit.

"Look this isn't going to help, we'll wait for her to wake up, get Bonnie to spell the house so she cant leave then we'll get the truth out of Katherine, make sure Ava's there to hear it." Stefan mumbled, causing Damon to throw his hands up in the air and then let them drop back down.

"Fine, whatever you say Stefan."