Chapter 3

"Where is Mr Salvatore?" I asked, a small grin on my face.

"I'm right here." A voice from behind me answered. I spun around to see him, he was wearing black tie and I was wearing a glorious ball gown.

He walked up to me and bowed, I replied with a curtsy. He took my hand and kissed the back of it, making me blush.

"Shall we?" He asked, a wicked grin on his face. I replied by nodding and smiling and he escorted me to the dance floor.

"Ow." I woke up with a groan, I'd slept in an awkward position so my neck had tensed up. I slowly got up and stretched, relieving the aching pain from my body.

I flopped my arms down and glanced at the clock to see the time. 6:37, great, about twenty minutes to get ready. I used my vampire speed to get to my bathroom, I turned the shower on and waited for it to heat up.

I stripped my clothes, as I pulled my jeans off I remembered the blood bag which had leaked over my leg. I peeled the bag off my leg as the dried blood had stuck it to my side. I chucked the bag in the nearby bin and hopped into the shower.

I dried my hair and brushed it into a high ponytail. I put on my usual make-up; Light foundation, winged eyeliner, mascara and a hint of lip balm. I got dressed into my shorts and a ribbed tank top.

I grabbed my bag and shoved some school stationary in it. I quickly rushed out the door to my newly delivered car and made my way to Mystic Falls High school.

Here goes nothing.

I made my way to the front desk and was greeted by a very smiley lady. She was of normal build with bright ginger hair. She looked up at me and smiled.

"New here?" She asked and she typed into her computer.

"Yep, the names Ava Gardener." I replied, bringing some paper work out from my bag and politely holding it to her.

"My that's a cute accent, it says here you moved from England." She giggled. I blushed and smiled.

"Right, here's your schedule and your registration rooms just down the corridor, um Oh! Bonnie!" She was shouting to a dark skinned girl who was obviously in deep thought.

She snapped her head up and dragged her feet over to where we were standing.

"Yes Miss Stater?" She replied, a bored tone to her voice.

"This is Ava, she's in your registration room, could you be her guide?" Miss Stater asked kindly, handing me my schedule and smiling. Bonnie glanced over at me, studying me. I had a feeling coming off of her.

Ah, that's it. She's a witch. It's not hard to figure out. Reluctantly Bonnie nodded and raised her hand, telling me to start walking.

"I'm Bonnie Bennett." She said as she joined me at my side. I smiled her. Bennett. I recognised that last name.

"Ava Gardener." I replied. She also took into my British accent. I've already guessed that most people will ask about my accent.

"Nice accent, moved from England?" She asked, I nodded and continued to walk alongside her.

"Just yesterday actually, I'm so tired from all the travelling." I sighed, rubbing my still slightly aching neck.

Bonnie guided me into a classroom that was already pretty full of students. The attention of a few of students was caught by Bonnie walking into the room. I guessed they were her friends and I walked up to them with Bonnie.

"This is Ava, she just moved here from England. Ava this it Elena, Stefan and Caroline. I'm her guide so play nice." She chuckled. They all said hey and I said hey back, I made my way to an empty desk only to be barged out the way by some stupid boy.

He seemed to be clueless to me wanting to sit there so I stood in front of him and looked into his eyes.

"Move. I'm sitting here." I said, an annoyed tone to my voice. The boy looked back into my eyes and slowly got up and walked away.

Smiling I sat into the seat and placed my new journal in front of me. I'd finished my other one so I needed a new one. Only way for me to express my feelings, and play back on past memories, well, the ones I'd prefer to remember.

I was broken away from my journal writing by sensing I was being stared at. I looked up to see a man with deep grey eyes looking at me. I couldn't be bothered with high school romance so I just looked down again and ignored him, continuing to sort out my journal.

At lunch I was invited to sit down with Bonnie and her friends. I was introduced to all of them. Elena, Stefan, Caroline, Matt and Jeremy, Elena's brother. I'd already worked out the relationships between four of them. Elena and Stefan and Bonnie and Jeremy.

"So, what brings you to America?" Asked Caroline, I think she was meant to say it nicely but it sounded very forward.

"I use to live here as a kid, then I moved back." I replied simply, shrugging. Matt chuckled to himself and looked at me.

"That is one cute accent." He laughed, I blushed and smiled at him. I was eating my chips when again I felt eyes staring at me. I turned my head to see the same guy, looking at me. I turned back to the others and pointed over to the guy.

"Who is he?" I asked gesturing over to where the boy was.

"Who's who?" Asked Elena, looking over to where I was pointing. I turned to see that the man had gone.

"Oh, there was guy there but he's gone now." I replied, embarrassed. Elena just shrugged and continued to get cosy with Stefan. Me and the others just chatted for the rest of lunch but that guy stuck in my head.

Who was he?

I've never seen him before and I have no idea why he's so keen on staring. Before I knew it, it was already the end of the day and I was walking to my car when suddenly I was pinned up by my neck against one of the school buses, I focused my eyes to see who it was.

Stefan.

"What the hell!" I gasped, trying to catch air. His face looked angry and he leaned on closer to me.

"Why are you here?" He hissed, he grip around my neck tightening. I tried to talk but I couldn't breath, I tried to pry his hands away but I wasn't strong enough. Seeing that I couldn't talk, he loosened his grip on my neck and left me to sink to the floor. I spluttered as air re-entered my lungs.

"You're- You're Stefan Salvatore." I said, slowly pulling myself up and brushing myself off.

"How do you know that? Bonnie only told you our first names." He replied, confused. I couldn't be bothered to lie so I told him basic details.

"I knew your brother. Back in the 1800's" I mumbled. He stepped back a bit, scratching his chin.

"You know Damon?" He asked quietly, fixing his eyes on mine. I sighed and gave him half the story.

"I knew Damon. I sort of upset him so he forced his blood down my throat and drained me dry," I stated, leaning against the bus still catching my breath "He turned me."

Stefan looked sorry for me, which obviously meant he knew what his brother was like when it comes to women. He rubbed the back of his neck and stepped back a bit more.

"Would he remember you?" He asked. Oh yea. Damon would remember me. I nodded my head and picked up my bag as I'd dropped it.

"Which means you can't tell him I'm back. I have to be the one to do that." I warned, giving him a look. He nodded and apologized to me. Me being me I just drove home. No drama today please.