Chapter 24

I lay on my bed staring up at the ceiling.

Why does everything have to be so confusing?

Why does everyone have to be related or know each other?

"You do know you're thinking out loud right?"

I snapped up and saw that Damon was leaning against the inside of the door. I groaned and flopped back down.

"What do you want Damon?" I moaned. Ignoring my question he simply came over to me, pushed me over on the bed and relaxed himself next to me.

"Fine, ignore me then." I spoke, rolling my eyes.

"You know, I'm pretty sure it was you who wanted to be friends now, so I don't know why you're acting the same as before." Damon smirked. I turned my head to him and looked into his eyes.

God I haven't felt this way since 1873.

"Honey, you're drooling." He said, snapping me out of his gaze. I scoffed and pushed him off the bed. I was about to get up but he was suddenly lying on top of me, his head directly above me.

"You're not making this any better for yourself Damon." I sighed, looking into his icy blue eyes once again.

"I'd like to say I'm trying." Damon smirked. God that side smile. Always made me fuzzy inside.

Then it suddenly snapped in my head. This is what happened when we first kissed.

*Flashback to 1872*

I rushed into my room, knowing obviously that he would follow. Giggling, I propped myself up in my bed, smiling as he burst through the door.

"Mr Salvatore you know its rude to rush in on a lady, you never know what they are doing." I pointed, smiling at him. He slowly walked over to me ad stood by the front of the bed.

"I know, but you are going to be my lady, so I can come in whenever I want." He smirked at me. In an instant he was hovering over me, his short curly hair draping over his face.

"You cant just woo me like that sir." I replied, biting my lip slightly. He trailed his fingertips along my face and leaned in a bit closer.

"I'd like to say I'm trying." He said, grinning intently at me, his gaze shifting from my eyes and moving down to my lips.

I brushed my hands over his face, pushing his hair out the way and leaned forward, pushing my lips against his. It was the most amazing feeling ever.

He of course, eagerly responded, slipping his hands under the small of my back and pulling me closer to him. That was the moment when I realized I love Damon Salvatore.

I was so deep in the moment that I didn't realize that Damon had eagerly pushed his lips to mine. I was shocked at first, wanting to pull away but my lips weren't listening to me, they carried on, attached to Damon and kissing back.

But I liked it.

I couldn't help it.

Its like all the hate had gone and was replaced by my memories of love.

But I had to stop.

I reluctantly pulled always and lent up, pushing Damon out the way and swinging my legs over the bed.

"You really wanna go through this again Damon?" I questioned. He sensed what I was saying and come over to me, sitting next to me on the edge of the bed.

"Listen Ava, I wanted this as soon as you came back. Stop being so stubborn about it. You kissed me back." He pointed out. I pinched the bridge of my nose and thought.

"But what happens now? We get together and everything goes back to normal? There's always going to be some threat that'll probably tear us apart again, is there really any point of this?" I sighed, turning to him. He lent forward and gently kissed my lips.

"I don't care, as long as we're together." He breathed into my lips, pushing a little harder. I lent in more and deepened the kiss. Damon stayed around my house for the rest of the day, just talking about my life after he turned me.

There was no doubt about it.

I was falling for Damon Salvatore.

Again.