Chapter 12

*Ava's POV*

I sat there, staring into my elegant mirror, playing around with my new dress that Damon bought for me. I felt a sudden gust of wind blow from behind me. I spun round, I thought it was Damon because thats his usual entrance.

"Damon? Is that you?" I giggled, playing with my hair and smiling playfully. My face suddenly dropped when I saw a girl appear from around the corner, I frowned at her.

"Who are you? Why are you here?" I demanded, staring at her. She slowly moved around the room, she had long curly hair, chocolate brown eyes and wearing a glorious gown.

"My name is Katherine, and I need you to do something for me." She smirked wickedly, then suddenly darted up to me. I backed away gasping.

She was like Damon. A vampire.

"Dont move, dont talk." She growled, staring into my eyes. All of a sudden, I couldn't move, my feet were stuck to the floor and I went to talk but no words came out. I started to panic, I gulped past the lump in my throat as she continued to compel instructions to me.

"I need you go to Mordrid Fell, woo him, then kiss him. Oh, and make sure Damon is there to see it." She laughed.

"Now forget I was here and do as I told you." She said, then she suddenly disappeared, leaving me there completely shocked... But I didnt know what I was shocked about.

-

I groaned as I tried to move but I was too weak to. I blinked my eyes a couple of times to see my surrondings, unfortunatly I set my eyes upon Damon, Stefan and someone in a suit who I recognised.

"Elijah?" I croaked out, causing them all to turn to me and walk over. Elijah smiled at me and sat me up, bringing a glass of blood up to my lips, I eagerly swallowed it and I felt my strength gather. I was going to rip Damon's head off.

"Hello Ava, I trust you're feeling better." Elijah said politely as he placed the empty glass down on a nearby table. I saw Damon make his way over to me but I glared at him, making him stop in his tracks.

"What the hell is going on, hell, Stefan why did you vervain me!" I yelled, an upset look on my face.

"Look that doesnt matter, you werent going to come and we needed you here to hear the truth." Damon cut in, his face firm and tight. I frowned at him.

"If this is about Klaus then you're wasting your time. Nothing is going to make me hate him ok? So just leave off and leave me-"

"He was the original that compelled me."

"He wha- what?" I stuttered, my head slowly shaking in shock. No... Klaus wouldn't. Why would he? He had nothing to do with me in 1873, why would he want Damon to turn me? This doesn't make any sense.

"And where did you hear this?" I croaked, gaining my voice back. Damon turned his head to Stefan and nodded. Stefan disappeared then quickly came back with Elena? Oh I see, its Katherine. He pushed her down on the sofa in front of me and she immediatly crashed onto it. She looked weak, her lips a pale colour, her make-up was barely visible and her eyes were drifting about.

"Her? You believe her? Of all people Damon, really?" I laughed, throwing my head back and bringing it forward again to look at Katherine. She looked drained and would probably do or say anything to get out of this situation. And I would gladly help her.

"She was apparently there in 1873, saw what Klaus was going to do to you so she made it easier by-"

"By compelling me, yes I know, I was there." I cut Elijah off sarcastically and smiled.

"You really think that this is going to change what's going on? Look, I'm coping and I'm fine, I really don't need stupid things like this coming back into my life. Damon, get over yourself and start to chase people you really care about, like Elena maybe?" I smirked, Damon's face flushed with anger and Stefan was confused.

"Yea I've been listening Damon, even a blind man can see it." I smiled and slowly got up, Katherine had a sudden burst of life, laughing at Damon.

"She's right, get over yourself Damon." She croaked out, smiling evilly.

Using my speed I ran down to the cellar, grabbed a couple of blood bags, rushed back to the living room and shoved on into Katherine's mouth, she finished it almost immediately and sped out the door, I grinned evilly at the three men and dashed home.

*3rd Persons POV*

Only two men remained in the room after Ava and Katherine made their escape. Damon and Stefan stood silently as they both processed what just happened.

This was a new one for Damon. He thought that Ava hates Katherine, now the next thing you know she's helping her escape.

The tension that lingered between the brothers was ice thick. Damon thought he was careful about his... feelings towards Elena... It seemed not. He just lover how not like Katherine she was. The him she was just perfect.

The older Salvatore knew he could never have her as she was Stefan's. She was always going to be Stefan's.

"Damon what did she mean about Elena?"

Stefan cut the silence, the topic of conversation was still whirring through his mind and he couldn't help himself but to ask.

"What do you mean? She would lie about anything to get out of the situation she was in. I would've if it would've been me." Damon lied, swallowing past the lump in his throat. It looked like Stefan didn't want to believe him but he just sighed and nodded his head, slowly walking out the door.