three

•Y/n's POV•

"So are you coming to choir with me later?" Selena asked, sitting at the edge of her bed. I was sitting on the floor.

"Sure, what time?" I asked.

"7:00," she told me, and I nodded.

I heard my phone go off as it lied on the floor next to me, so I picked it up to see who was texting me.

Tyler: Hey, sorry to be a bother but uh, do you happen to be any good at math?

Y/n: I guess

Tyler: You wouldn't mind meeting me at library close by or something, would you? I kind of need help

Y/n: sure

I wouldn't normally enjoy doing math while I'm on vacation, but I guess helping someone wouldn't be so bad.

"Who's texting?" Selena asked, raising an eyebrow and looking down at me.

"Uh, just Tyler," I said quietly. I hadn't exactly told her he gave me his number.

"You have his number?" she asked me, wide eyed.

"Well, yeah. He gave it to me," I shrugged.

"Ooh, he likes you!" she squealed, jumping up and down.

"No, he probably just wants me to tutor him or something. Can you take Dal's car and drive me to the library?" I asked her, getting up off of the floor.

"He asked you out on a study date. That's so cute," she smiled widely. I rolled me eyes and took a deep breath.

"It's not a date! Look, I don't even know him! I don't like him like that!" I exclaimed, getting frustrated. "So, can you drive me?" I asked her, a little calmer.

"Fine."

•Tyler's POV•

I was sitting at a table on the quiet library, waiting for Y/n to come. I was really excited to see her. She's the only thing that's been on my mind since the day I saw her at choir, and I couldn't stop thinking about her. I also had a math test the next day that I needed major help on.

She soon came in, and rushed over to sit next to me. I smiled and greeted her with a small 'hello.'

"So, what do you need help with?" she asked , looking at the paper I had in front of me.

"Um, I've got no idea what it's called. All I know is that it's math and I need to pass the test on it tomorrow," I replied back honestly. She giggled to herself and then took the pencil that I was holding out of my hand.

"Here, add this to both sides first," she said, writing a few things and handing me the pencil back. I wrote it down, and looked at her to wait for the next step.

"Tyler, 5 + 5 isn't 25," she smiled, looking into my eyes. I looked down at the paper and realized I had made the stupidest mistake.

"Shoot, my bad," I blushed, erasing what I had wrote before.

After about another hour of her helping me with math, I felt as if I could actually pass the test the next day.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket, checking the time. 6:50

"I have to get to choir in like, 10 minutes. You don't mind coming right? I can drive you," I offered.

"Sure, thanks Tyler," she smiled.

We walked out into the cold air to get to the car. I opened the door on the passenger side for Y/n, and she said a quiet 'thanks' while getting in.

I turned on the radio, searching for a good station, but I couldn't find anything I liked and eventually just turned the radio off.

"No good songs on the radio. I guess we have to actually talk to each other," I said, smiling.

"I'm not very good at that," she said quietly, smiling to herself.

"Well, we should hang out again sometime. Not studying, but like, at the park or something," I suggested, hoping she'd agree.

"Yeah that's sounds good. I know you have school tomorrow, so how about when you get home?"

"Perfect!" I exclaimed excitedly. "I'll pick you up on my way home from school." She nodded.