twenty three

•Y/n's POV•

After my first date with Tyler, we hung out a lot more often. Whether it be going to each other's houses or simply going to the store with each other, we were with each other a lot. He had come over to my house enough times for my parents to get to know him, and I could tell that they liked him a lot.

I was glad we were passed our awkward stage, yet again. I warmed up to him a bit more, and now I talked to him as if he were my closest friend, rather than someone I barely knew.

Soon after a few dates, we were official. He asked me to be his girlfriend, and I obviously accepted. That was about a week ago, though. We still had yet to tell our parents. All they knew was that I had gone on a few dates with him, and that's about it. If I hadn't told them we went out, they probably would have just assumed Tyler and I were nothing but friends. He doesn't really show any affection around them, probably to avoid embarrassment, which I totally don't blame him for.

Right now, Selena and Taylor were over at my house. We were hanging out in my bedroom, me lying on the bed and Selena and Taylor lying on the wooden floor.

"So, Selena," I started, sitting up and placing my phone down so it couldn't distract me any longer. She looked up from her own and set it beside her as well, giving me her full attention. "Since you successfully matched me and Tyler, I think it's time for Taylor and I to find you somebody," I smirked, and her eyes widened.

"Um, I'm not sure. The person I sorta like already has a girlfriend, and I don't want to interfere with that," she said hesitantly. I didn't understand why she was so nervous all of the sudden, but I didn't push it any further.

"Okay..." I trailed off, adverting my gaze to Taylor's light blue eyes. "How about you? Got your eyes on anyone?" She looked up, thinking for a second. She gasped as her eyes focused back on mine.

"Yes, I know who," she smiled, looking mischievously at Selena. Selena rose an eyebrow, giving her a bit of a weird look. "Dallas," she finally stated.

Selena's eyes widened, and her mouth dropped open. "Dallas? As in my brother, Dallas?" Selena asked, obviously shocked at the situation. Taylor giggled and nodded her head. "Why him?"

"I don't know," Taylor shrugged, still laughing at Selena's expression. "He's cute. And he seems really sweet and easygoing." Now it was our turn to laugh. Sure, maybe my cousin could be nice sometimes, but Taylor obviously didn't know him like me and Selena. Dallas was sarcastic most of the time, and very stubborn. Taylor was cheerful and sweet, so picturing her and Dallas together seemed odd.

"Hey, I'm not in love with him or anything. I just said he was cute," she defended herself, a small smile on her face.

"Ugh," Selena groaned falling backwards, her back hitting the wooden floor. She stared at the ceiling, blinking once in a while. "I'm bored," she finally spoke. "Invite Tyler over."

"So you think he's more fun than us?" I pouted jokingly, trying my best to attempt to look sad. She immediately shook her head as if she regretted what she said a moment ago.

"No, that's not what I said..." she said sort of nervously. I didn't understand why she was acting so weird all of the sudden. Ever since I had asked her about liking someone a few minutes ago, she had been acting a little bit out of the ordinary. Still, I decided to leave it alone.

"Alright then," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I'll tell Tyler to come." A content smile crossed her face as I grabbed my phone to text him.

_______________________________

We were all hanging out in the living room, Tyler resting his head on my shoulder as we sat on the couch next to Taylor, and Selena sitting in the arm chair a few feet away from us. We were talking about whatever came to mind, not paying attention to the TV playing in the background.

Selena's odd behavior still hadn't quiet left. It wasn't anything obvious, but I noticed the small things she did. For example, whenever we tried to call her, she zoned out. She was staring off into space, and the snap of my fingers had to bring her back. The only time she had really been paying attention was when Tyler was talking.

"So Selena," I started, looking over to her. Of course, she wasn't looking back at me. "What should we get to eat?" I asked, but she didn't budge. Her eyes were looking at something next to me, so I rose an eyebrow and turned to the side. The only thing there was Tyler, and he was carelessly scrolling on his phone. Selena, however, seemed intrigued.

"Selena!" I exclaimed loudly, trying to get her to acknowledge me. She jumped up, quickly looking towards me with widened eyes.

"What?" She asked casually, as if she hadn't been ignoring everybody ever since Tyler arrived. I rolled my eyes, and then turned to Taylor, who was sitting on the other side of me. I grabbed her hand and pulled her up, and began walking away from the couch. I walked behind the wall that was near the staircase and stopped.

"Is it just me or is she acting weird?" I asked, almost in a whisper. Taylor shook her head.

"No, she's acting weird. I can tell," Taylor stated. She turned around to peek behind the wall, and then turned back to me. "She's just... looking at Tyler." I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"Do you think she likes him?" I asked, worried. No, I wasn't scared that she would 'take' him from me. I trusted her, and I knew she'd never even think about doing something like that. In fact, if she did like him, it wouldn't have bothered me at all. I just didn't want her to hurt at the fact that she couldn't be with him.

"I don't know... maybe she just likes his face?" Taylor suggested, shrugging afterwards.

"She said the guy she likes has a girlfriend and that she doesn't want to interfere. I'm Tyler's girlfriend, and I know that she'd never try to break us apart. What if she does like him? I don't want her to have to watch us be together all the time... that hurts," I explained, sighing as I ran a hand through my hair. "What do we do? Should we talk to her about it so we know for sure?"

"I think that's best. But we should talk to her about it when Tyler leaves," she said, and I nodded my head in agreement.

"Okay, that sounds fine. But what if Tyler notices something is off?" I asked, still worried about the situation. I didn't want Tyler to find out, because if he did... well... things could get awkward.

"Oh please," Taylor laughed, swatting her hand as if my worry meant nothing. "Boys are clueless. He won't have an idea," she smiled, and I laughed along with her.

At least that's one less thing to think about. But I still had to talk to Selena about her possible crush on Tyler.