thirteen

A/n: sorry for taking forever to update.

also, he's so cute. i can't. i just . can't.

•Y/n's POV•

"Y/n! Hurry and get up!" I heard my mom call from the door of Selena's room, causing me to jolt up from the sudden noise.

I picked up my phone to check the time before I got up. 7:00. I tiredly stood up and walked down the stairs, and found my mom walking into the kitchen.

"Why did you wake me up so early?" I asked as I followed her into the kitchen.

"Your father and I are looking at another house today. You're coming with," she told me. "Now get dressed."

I turned around and walked back up the stairs to get ready.

_______________________________

After grabbing my hoodie and slipping my shoes on, my mom, my dad, and I walked through the cold air to the car.

Once I got in, I immediately turned the heat on from how cold it was. I probably should've brought a coat or something.

For most of the car ride, I was just on my phone. But when I looked up to see what neighborhood we were going to, I noticed that it looked very familiar.

As my dad drove by the other houses, I immediately noticed Tyler's house, since I had been there a few times before.

We're looking for a house in Tyler's neighborhood?

After driving by some more houses, my dad parked the car in the driveway of the house we were going to be looking at. Another car was parked in the driveway with a lady standing next to it, whom I presume to be the real estate agent.

They all walked inside, and I quickly followed after them.

After looking around the house a bit, I was pretty bored. So I pulled out my phone and decided to text Tyler.

Y/n: Hey, are you awake?

Tyler: Now I am. Thanks.

Y/n: No problem :) Anyways, turns out I'm looking at a house in your neighborhood right now

Tyler: Wait, seriously?

Y/n: Yup. And I'm already bored.

Tyler: I'll come over! I just have to get dressed

Y/n: Sure

I texted him the address, and then put my phone back in my pocket.

Being that there was no furniture in the house, I was leaning against the wall while listening to my parents talk to the real estate lady.

"Excuse me?" I interrupted them, trying not to be rude.

"Yes?" My mom turned her head to look at me.

"I just wanted to tell you that Tyler is coming because he actually lives in this neighborhood. That's fine, right?"

"Sure, its fine," she smiled and turned back around to continue talking.

A few minutes later, I heard a knock at the door and quickly ran over to open it.

"Hey Tyler!" I exclaimed, and gave him a quick side hug, and then stepping aside to let him walk in.

"Hey," he smiled.

"Just so you know, this isn't necessarily my house yet, so you don't have to knock," I stated, giggling a little to myself.

"Well then, I'm sorry for knocking. What do you want me to do, just walk inside?" He asked me, a small smile forming on his face.

"Yeah, that's exactly what I want you to do," I told him. "Here, come inside," I said, and he followed behind me to the kitchen where my parents were talking.

All three of them turned around when I brought Tyler in, and my mom stepped forward to greet herself.

"Hello Tyler, I'm Y/n's mom. I've heard a lot about you," she smiled, and put her hand out. Tyler smiled and shook her hand.

"It's nice to meet you," he said.

"So Y/n tells me you live close by?" My mom asked him.

"Yeah, just down the block," he explained, and my mom nodded.

"Well it's nice to finally meet you," she smiled.

"You too," Tyler replied, and he turned back towards me as my parents began talking again.

"Wanna look around? There's nothing else to do," I said, and began walking around the house to show him around. He followed behind me but stopped at the entrance of a bedroom.

"Wait," he said, and I turned around to face him.

"What is it?"

"I kinda wanted to talk about something to you," he replied shyly, and his eyes adverted to to his black shoes.

"Oh um, sure," I answered, and took a step closer so I was standing next to him.

"I'm sorry for what happened the other day. When I... you know, kissed you," he told me quietly. "I know I probably made it really awkward and I'm sorry," he stated, and his eyes slowly looked back up and met mine.

"Tyler... really, it's fine. Don't feel bad about it," I reassured him.

"No, it's not fine. I know it was probably really weird and you wish it never happened and-" he began to say, but I put my finger on his lips so he would be quiet.

"I said it was fine," I smiled, and pressed my lips against his cheek to prove it to him.

His cheeks were now pink, but he had a smile on his face.

"I don't know if I've ever told you this, but I really want you to stay here," he told me.

"I want to stay too," I smiled.