sixteen

•Christmas Eve•

•Y/n's POV•

"Talk to him," Selena told me as she licked the spoon that was covered in frosting from the cookies we were making.

Ever since the day Tyler overheard me talking to Selena, which was a week ago, he hasn't talked to me once. Selena had kept bugging me, and telling me that I needed to talk things out with him, but ever since my parents told me we were staying to New York, it was the last thing I wanted to do.

Since I was just going to be leaving, I didn't want to confess my feelings to him. I didn't want to just tell him everything I've been thinking and feeling, and then just leave him and not see him for another year or so. If I were to do that, it would almost be like teasing him. Telling him everything he wanted to hear, but then leaving him to question our feelings for each other all over again.

"About what? About how I'm moving back, and then he'll be crushed?" I asked, taking spoon and spreading frosting across the cookie. Selena placed her spoon down on the counter and glared at me.

"Look, everyone here wants you to stay. Me, Tyler, the rest of our family. But your parents said you were going back to New York and that's that. The least you could do is fix things between you and Tyler," she argued, and then picked up her spoon once again.

"Stop eating all the frosting," I complained, and took the spoon from her hand. "These are supposed to be for the cookies."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and went over to the dish with all of the finished Christmas cookies on them. "I'm eating one."

"I might as well have one too," I responded, placing the last of the cookies on the dish, and then picking up one for myself.

Selena went up to her room, and I followed behind her. Our family was making dinner for Christmas Eve, so we couldn't be in the kitchen for much longer.

She was laying on her bed, and I was sitting on the floor as a Christmas movie played on her TV.

"So, I think after dinner would be a great time to talk to Tyler," she commented, looking over to me from her bed.

"Fine," I sighed, finally giving in. She smiled in response, happy to know that I was willing to talk to Tyler.

_______________________________

After dinner came around, Dallas agreed to drive me and Selena to Tylers house. Selena told me she'd be staying in the car though, so that I could talk to Tyler alone.

As I got in the back of Dallas's car, I was completely nervous. I hadn't talked to Tyler in a week, and because of that, I assumed he was really hurt.

I thought about what his reaction would be when I told him I wouldn't be staying. I was guessing he would be sad, and surprised. I knew that the whole time I've been here, he's been trying to gather up enough courage to ask me out. But that wouldn't matter anymore, because I couldn't be with him.

Long distance wouldn't work out either. I had only really gotten to know Tyler for a month. Before that, I barely had a clue about him. I knew he was a sweet boy with a nice smile, but that's about it. Ever since I arrived here at the beginning of December, I've gotten to know him so much better, and I was extremely thankful for that because I found that he was one of the most sweetest people you'll ever meet. I really wished I would've been able to stay with him.

I looked up and noticed that Dallas stopped his car in front of Tylers driveway, and before I got out of the car, I looked at them both nervously.

"You probably won't see him before you go back home, so if I were you, tell him how you feel," Selena told me, but I quickly shook my head.