seven

•Tyler's POV•

It was Friday. Normally I would be relieved, but that stupid winter dance was tonight. I was kinda nervous.

It was lunch time, and I was sitting at a table talking to Josh.

"So Tyler," Josh started, looking up at me. "Are you gonna come along to that dance tonight with me and Debby?"

"Um, yeah. I'm gonna bring Y/n along, if you don't mind," I stated. She and I weren't going on a date, I reminded myself. We were going as friends. Only as friends, I thought. But she kissed my cheek the other night, and I was flustered and I felt butterflies in my stomach. Just thinking about it made me smile a bit to myself.

I hadn't even realized I zoned out until I heard Josh calling my name.

"Uh, Tylerrrrr?" He called, waving his hands in front of my face. Snapping back into reality, I shook my head and looked at Josh.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm great! Why wouldn't I be?" I replied cheerfully.

"You've been all smiley today. And now you're daydreaming...I think I know what's up," he said.

"Uh, what?" I questioned cluelessly.

"You have a crush," he smirked.

"On who?"

"Tyler, don't play dumb," he laughed.

"I'm not! I don't know what you're talking about," I replied.

"You like Y/n," he replied blatantly.

"Josh, even if I did like her it wouldn't matter anyway. I'm not gonna ask her out. She doesn't even live here," I said.

"So you do like her," he smiled.

"Maybe," I replied nervously, biting my lip.

Of course I liked her. Even if it was the tiniest bit. I thought she was really, really pretty, and I even made the mistake of mentioning that to my brother. I knew Zack would use it against me. I realized I probably should've mentioned it to Josh instead, he wouldn't have teased me. But I knew Josh would figure it out. He knows everything about me.

"Oooh," he laughed. "Tyler has a crush!" He exclaimed loudly.

"Be quiet!" I whisper-yelled.

"Tyler and Y/n sitting in a tree...!" Josh started to chant, but I cut him off.

"Shut up!" I said loudly.

"K-i-s-s-i-n-g!" He laughed, and I glared at him.

"Okay, okay. We get it," I rolled my eyes, laughing a bit to myself.

_______________________________

•Y/n's POV•

Selena came home from school, and threw her backpack on the floor.

"You wanna come along to that dance at my school with me tonight?" She asked, placing a hand on her hip.