seventeen

•Y/n's POV•

After the holidays, I went back home. Back to New York, where there was so Selena, no Dallas, and no Tyler.

It disappointed me a lot. Sure, I was excited to see my friends and all, but I felt like Tyler and I had something. I wanted that 'something' to last. Right now, the only thing I could do was tell my friends back home about it. And they were, for some reason, very excited for me.

"So you met a cute boy on vacation and didn't tell us?" My friend Taylor asked as her, my other friend Hailey, and I lied on the floor of my room.

"I didn't technically meet him. I already knew him," I pointed out.

"Same thing," Taylor rolled her eyes jokingly. "Just how cute was he though?" She asked, her bright blue eyes wide with excitement to know more.

"Very cute," I stated. "Imagine a brunette boy with fluffy hair, and big brown puppy eyes. Not to mention that when he smiles, it somehow makes his eyes seem even brighter," I explained.

Just thinking about Tyler made me want to see him again. I had only been back for one day, but I missed him like crazy.

I realized that although I was telling them all about Tyler, none of that mattered anymore. Tyler and I couldn't be together.

He promised me we'd text all of the time, but he hadn't even texted me since I left. He could have forgotten, or maybe it was because of what I told him before I left his house the other night.

I said, 'I love you,' and looking at it now, maybe I shouldn't have said it. Maybe it was too much for him. He told me love was one of his biggest fears, yet I said it to him anyway.

I sighed, and wished that I could have gone back to the day that I arrived in Ohio so I could avoid Tyler. If we hadn't become friends, I wouldn't be longing to go back.

"Are you okay?" Hailey asked, looking towards me, a lock of her brown hair covering her brown eyes.

"I just really miss him. I know it sounds stupid because we just started talking, but I've gotten to know him a lot. I just wish I could have stayed there," I told her.

"Aww, you guys sound so cute," Taylor sighed, smiling. "I'm sure you'll get to be together someday. If it was meant to be, it'll work out. Don't worry about it," she told me.

I as thankful to have a friend like her. Although she acted like a fan girl most of the time, and got excited over the smallest things, she was still one of the most understanding people ever. She'd listen to you whenever.

Hailey, on the other hand, was your typical sassy friend. She was very, very sarcastic, and would tease you whenever she had the chance. But just like Taylor, she was understanding.

"I'll try not to," I responded quietly. "But he still hasn't texted me, and he said he would," I stated blandly.

"Give him time. Maybe he's busy," Taylor said, and I nodded a little in response.

"I guess you're right," I sighed to myself.

_______________________________

•Tyler's POV•

During my last week of winter break, I did nothing other than stay in my room all week. With the exception of going to Josh's house a few times, though.

I just felt really bad. When Y/n left, I told her we'd talk because I still wanted to be friends. But ever since she told me she loved me, I felt too awkward to say anything.

Love is such a strong word, and for her to have told me she felt that way as she was leaving, had me beyond confused.

I wished she would have never said it at all, because the thought of knowing that we could have been something tore me apart piece by piece. Now, it didn't matter how she felt about me, or how I felt about her, because she moved away and we wouldn't be able to see each other.

I didn't want to text her because I didn't want to have feelings for someone who lived in a completely different state than me. I didn't want it to constantly bother me that I couldn't be with her. If I just distanced myself from her completely, I wouldn't have to think about her.

Just as I was lying down on my couch watching TV, I heard my phone go off. I groaned, feeling too lazy to reach over to the coffee table and pick up my phone, but I checked it anyway.

Y/n: Hey, I miss you

I sighed to myself as I read it. I wish I could have forgotten about her.

I had two options, ignore her and be completely rude, or be a nice person and respond to the person who I've been hanging out with nonstop since last month. I went with the second option. Even though I wanted to avoid her, I didn't want to be rude.

Tyler: I miss you too

I wasn't just being nice to her. I actually meant what I said. I missed her more than anything.

Y/n: Also, I'm sorry if I made things awkward after I left your house the last time we hung out

Tyler: It's fine, don't worry about it

Y/n: Are you sure? You don't want to talk about it or anything?

No, I didn't want to talk about it ever again. I didn't even want to think about it. The concept of love scared me more than anything, and the thought of falling in love with anyone had me absolutely terrified. I didn't want to love her, I just wished that she would leave me alone and go about her life. We weren't meant to together, and I wanted to leave it at that.

Tyler: No, I said it was fine.

And from that moment on, I told myself I would forget about her, so that's what I tried to do. Tried.

A/n: sorry I took forever to update again!!!