nineteen

•1 week later•

•Y/n's POV•

It was only one week of college, and I had a ton of work to do. I had a ton of homework, and then a test towards the end of the week.

Taylor was over at my house, just so we could do homework together. She had a lot of work too.

We were both laying down on the hardwood floor of my room, doing whatever work we had.

"So, anything interesting happen during the first week of school?" She asked, looking up from her paper.

I decided to tell her about Tyler. She only knew him from what I told her, and I trusted her to not try and push us back together. Although, like Selena, she's sort of a fan girl, so I didn't completely know what to expect.

"Well, I saw somebody I haven't seen in a while," I started, looking up to meet her blue eyes.

"Who? Is it Tyler?" She asked excitedly, her eyes widening. I laughed to myself at the fact that she already knew who I was talking about.

"You're a good guesser," I commented, smiling.

"Well, have you been talking to him?" She asked me curiously, putting her pencil down. She sat up and looked at me, waiting for my response. I sat up too, pushing my papers to the side.

"Kind of. We talked, but things are weird between us," I told her, and she nodded.

"Then let me fix that. I'll make sure that you go back to being friends again. Then I'll make him your boyfriend," she laughed, and I quickly shook my head.

"Do me a favor and don't do that," I stated. "We've kind of been avoiding each other. I don't think he wants to be friends."

If we saw each other in the hallway, we'd wave to each other, but that was about it. Maybe in class he'd ask me a question pertaining to the lesson, or whatever homework we had, but that was it. If I had the choice though, I would definitely want to be his friend again. I missed him.

"If you say so," she smirked, and it immediately occurred to me that she wasn't going to give up.

Here we go again.

_______________________________

The next Sunday, my family and I went to church together. Taylor wanted to come along with us too.

When we arrived, we took a seat next to Selena and her family, and then everyone went quiet because it was starting.

I looked around a bit, just seeing if I noticed anyone. I don't know whether I was looking for somebody in specific, but I was curious as to who was here.

My eyes scanned everyone, but they stopped when I saw Tyler sitting with his a family a few seats away from me. I stared at him for a little, but when I noticed his eyes meet mine, I quickly looked to the floor.

Well, that was awkward.

Me, being the stupid person I am, decided to look back up to him to see if he was still looking at me. He wasn't, instead he was paying attention to the priest and looking towards the alter.

"Who are you staring at?" Selena whispered, causing me to quickly turn my head.

"Nobody," I responded quietly.

She looked around in the same direction I was staring towards, and I hoped she wouldn't find him. Then, her eyes widened, and she smiled as she turned her head to me.

"You're staring at Tyler!" She whispered excitedly.

"What? Tyler's here?" I asked innocently, but knew for sure that she wasn't going to buy it.

Selena then turned around to our parents, and I had no idea what she was planning to do.

"We're gonna use the bathroom. Taylor, do you wanna come?" She asked.

"Sure," Taylor replied, and then I was pushed out of my seat by Selena. She grabbed and hand and basically dragged me to the back, where the bathrooms were. Taylor was trying to keep up behind us.

Once we finally got the bathrooms, Selena began talking louder than before.

"You were staring at him!" She squealed, jumping around a bit. I rolled my eyes because of how excited she was.

"Who?" Taylor asked, obviously having no idea what Selena was talking about.

"Tyler," Selena stated, and now Taylor was the one squealing.

"So you know about him?"

"Of course, Y/n told me all about him," Taylor laughed, and my face was probably completely red. I didn't want to talk about Tyler to anyone else. I wished they could of let this whole thing go. The only time I really got to know him was almost a year ago, and we only talked during December. After I left, we stopped talking. I wished that Taylor and Selena could just realize that Tyler and I weren't meant to be.

"Guys, stop. I don't want to talk about him," I finally spoke up, hoping for once that Selena would leave it alone. But knowing her, that's not how things were going to work out. I hated when she interfered with me and Tyler, but at the same time I knew she was doing it to help.

"Come on Y/n. He can be your first boyfriend! You guys would be so cute together!" Taylor exclaimed, jumping up and down a bit.

"Just... leave it alone," I responded, shaking my head. Sure, I told them to forget about the whole thing. But did that mean they were gonna listen to me? Not by a long shot.

A/n: ayyy what's up

it's almost christmas so i'm pretty excited, but i have finals so i'm also nervous oof