eight

•Y/n's POV•

I was sitting at the table with Tyler and Selena. We were talking to each other, though it was kind of hard because of the music blasting in the background.

Suddenly, Selena stood up and grabbed Tyler's arm, pulling him up. He flinched and stood up, raising an eyebrow.

"Hold on a minute," she said, pulling Tyler a few feet away from the table. She started talking to him, but I couldn't make out what they were saying because of how loud it was. I could only hear Selena loudly say, "Just ask her!" Tyler then walked back up to me and took a deep breath, running his hands through his hair.

"Do you wanna dance?" He asked nervously.

"I'd love to," I responded, and he smiled. He put his hand out and I grabbed it, and we walked towards the crowd of people hand in hand.

"I don't know how to dance," I told him.

"It's fine. Just put your arms around my shoulders, like this-" he said, and took my arms and placed them around his shoulders. "yeah, like that," he giggled. He placed a hand on my back and the other around my waist. As he held me, I found myself staring into his eyes. Something about them seemed interesting. Maybe it was how they shimmered when the lights reflected against them.

"You know, you have really nice eyes," I told him, and he blushed.

"You think so?"

"I do," I smiled.

"You know, you're really pretty," he stated.

"Really?"

"Really," he said, and suddenly our faces were slowly getting closer. I hadn't even realized how close we were getting until he was only about an inch away. Butterflies flew in my stomach as I thought, is he gonna kiss me?

His eyes flickered down to his shoes, and he bit his lip nervously. He stepped back awkwardly, and I did the same. He managed to look back up at me.

"I-uh- I'm sorry," he stuttered, looking at me guiltily.

"It's okay," I smiled reassuringly. "Lets go back to the table." He nodded and walked back with me.

We sat back down, and I tried not to look at Selena because I knew she was watching me and Tyler before, and I didn't want her to say anything about it. I sat there quietly, but she then stood up and grabbed my arm and dragged me away from the table.

"You almost kissed him!" She exclaimed.

"So?" I rolled my eyes.

"He's totally in love with you," she stated, placing a hand on her hip.

"He's totally not," I rolled my eyes, and walked past her. I heard her sigh, and follow behind me.

_______________________________

On the way home, I was really tired. I closed my eyes and was half asleep, but I still heard Tyler whisper to Josh, "Don't drive over the holes, Josh! She's sleeping."

I actually did fall asleep for a few minutes, and when we arrived at Selena's house, I felt tapping on my shoulder.

"Y/n!" Tyler whisper yelled, but even though I was awake, I didn't bother to open my eyes. I didn't feel like getting up. He sighed, and I felt his arm go under my back so he could pick me up. He stepped out of the car and carried me bridal style to the house.

"That's so cute," I heard Selena say, and with my head against Tyler's chest, I could feel his heart start to beat really fast.

Selena opened the front door for Tyler, and he walked inside. He put me on the couch so I was lying down.

"Goodnight," I could hear him say quietly, and then he walked out of the house.

Once I heard the front door shut, I opened my eyes and sat up, rubbing my eyes.

"So you're awake?" Selena asked, and I turned around to see her smirking.

"I just woke up," I lied.

"Oh please," she said, rolling her eyes. "Stop lying. You wanted him to carry you," she stated. Maybe I did want him to carry me, but I was too stubborn to admit that, so instead I just shook my head. "Whatever," she sighed, and walked upstairs.

I got off of the couch and walked into the kitchen. I noticed Selena's parents and my parents sitting at the table, talking to each other.

I opened the fridge to look for something to eat, but turned around when I heard my mom ask, "Was Tyler that cute boy who carried you inside just before?"

"Um, yeah," I responded.

"He seems so sweet. Is he your boyfriend?"

"No," I stated, and turned around to walk back upstairs to get ready for bed.

I fell asleep thinking about Tyler. How he took my hand when he asked me to dance. And how pretty his eyes looked when his face was only two inches away from mine. I liked him. A lot.

a/n: heeY what's up i'm on summer break now so that's cool. i've been doing nothing literally all day although i did watch moana yesterday if that counts

also, over the weekend josh was at universal and i was at disney world so we were liTeRaLLy brEaThIng tHe sAmE aIr bEcAUse wE wERe iN tHe sAmE cItY. i am still shook