twenty six

A/n: before i start this chapter, i just wanna say that i love their two new singles. the music video is amazing and tyler looked so beautiful and i almost cried. anyway, on with the chapter

A few months later

Y/n's POV•

"Taylor! Help!" I whined, barging into her room. I shut the door behind me, sitting next to her on her bed. She rose an eyebrow, giving me a confused look.

"Yes?" She asked, probably curious to know what I needed.

The problem was that tomorrow was Tyler's birthday. And I knew that couples usually go all out and get something amazing for each other's birthdays, but I had absolutely no idea what to get him. When I asked him what he wanted, he responded with 'nothing.' How does that help?

I explained the whole thing to her, and she suddenly seemed to get very excited.

"Shopping for your lover's birthday? Of course! Let's go. Right now," she said, quickly standing up. She grabbed her purse and phone, slipping on a pair of flats. "Come on!"

I quickly rushed after her as she ran out of the door, for some reason in more of a rush then I was. She jumped into her car, slamming the door. I almost thought she wasn't going to wait for me based on how oddly excited she was.

I opened the door to the passenger side, sitting down on the chilly leather seat. I looked over to her and sighed. I had absolutely no idea what to get Tyler. What do boys even like?

"So, do you have any idea of what he'd want?" She asked me as she started the car, beginning to drive off. I slowly shook my head, feeling anxiety pulse through my body. I had to get him something, but what? What if I couldn't think of anything? I couldn't just leave my boyfriend without a gift on his birthday.

"Well, what does he like? Video games? Stuff like that?" She asked, looking over to me for a quick second, then bringing her eyes back to the road. I thought about it. Video games. Tyler rarely played them, but when he did, it wasn't anything super intense. And he most likely wouldn't want any for his birthday.

"Not really," I answered bluntly, shrugging my shoulders. I realized I wasn't being a great help whatsoever, but I was at a complete loss for ideas.

"Okay..." she trailed off, sighing. "Does he like cliche cute stuff?" I sat there for a second, pondering. Tyler was sort of cliche. I mean, he got me a necklace that symbolized how we became friends when he went to ask me out. Maybe I could do something similar.

"Actually, yeah," I told her, smiling afterwards. Tyler was kind of a soft guy, so the idea I had in mind might actually not be that bad.

"Perfect! Now, what kind of stupid cute stuff might he like?" She asked me as the car slowed down. She looked over to me, curious as to what I might be thinking. I looked down to my neck, lightly picking up the necklace he had gotten me. I gazed at the little microphone charm and smiled, and brought my eyes back up to meet Taylor's.

"Maybe I can get him a necklace. Nothing girly or anything, but something a guy would wear. Ya know?" I said, hoping that my idea wasn't too stupid or anything. It's all I could think of, and if she didn't like it, then I'd have no idea what else to do.

"That's adorable! He would love that!" She exclaimed, squealing afterwards. "Alright, to the mall we go."

xxx

The next day, which was Tyler's birthday, he was having a little celebration at his house with his family and a few friends. I was extremely nervous that he wouldn't like the gift I got him. What if he thought it was stupid and he'd never want to wear it? Maybe I should have stuck with video games.