twenty føur

•Y/n's POV•

"Bye Tyler," I said as I walked him to his car. His hand was intertwined with mine, but he let go to open his car door. He leaned over, pressed a chaste kiss to my forehead, and pulled back with a boyish smile.

"Goodnight," he told me as got into his car. He sat down on the black leather seat and shut the door. As he started the car, I stepped backward a bit so he could back out of my driveway. I noticed him look at me through the window, and he blew me a kiss. I giggled to myself, giving him a small wave as he drove off.

I walked back inside with a radiant smile. I wasn't sure why he had this effect on me, but I enjoyed every second of it. The simplest thought of him could make me smile.

I sat down on the couch next to Selena and Taylor, who were already sitting there next to each other. Taylor gave me a questioning look, and I nodded my head. We had to talk to Selena about Tyler, and now was probably the best time to do it.

"Selena?" I called quietly, and her bright brown eyes soon met mine.

"Yes?" She asked, obviously having no idea what we wanted to talk to her about.

"Today you've sort of been acting weird..." I stated. I wasn't exactly sure how to approach this conversation. I couldn't just ask her if she liked Tyler out of nowhere. That would seem too accusing.

Selena shook her head and shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"We've noticed you zoning out," Taylor explained, and then placed a hand on the brown haired girls shoulder. "We don't want to assume anything... but," she trailed off, taking a deep breath.

"What...?" Selena asked, confused. She rose an eyebrow, her eyes darting back and forth from me to Taylor.

"Do you like Tyler?" Taylor asked hesitantly. Selena's eyes widened, and she was silent for the next few seconds. She slowly started to shake her head.

"No, I couldn't," she said quietly, barely above a whisper. Her voice was soft, and I could almost sense a bit of sadness. "I wouldn't do that to you, Y/n," she stated, her eyes pleading for me to believe her. But I didn't care if she liked him or not. I just wanted the truth.

"It's okay," I breathed, giving her a small smile to assure her that I wouldn't get mad. "I can't blame you for feeling something." Shame was clouding in her eyes, and even though I told her not to, I knew she would blame herself.

"He's your boyfriend," she started, tears forming in her eyes. "I shouldn't be ruining everything between you two," she admitted, hiding her head in the palm of her hands. I put a hand on her shoulder to comfort her, and pulled her hands down, away from her face.

"You're not ruining anything," I told her, but she still looked doubtful. "When did you start liking him?" I asked curiously. I just wanted to know. Surely if she liked him from the beginning she wouldn't have tried so hard to set us up, right?

She looked at me, unsure if I really wanted to know. I stayed silent, letting her know that I wanted to hear her response.

"When school started," she informed me. "I still wanted you guys to be together though," she explained. "It's just a stupid crush. Please don't worry about it."

"I won't... I just don't want you to have to sit there and watch us every time we hang out," I said worriedly. She shook her head, a small smile forming.

"I told you I don't want to ruin anything between you two. You can hug him and kiss him all you want. I'll be the one taking pictures," she smiled, and I laughed to myself.

_______________________________

The next day, we went to church. Taylor didn't come because she overslept, but Selena and her family had managed to make it.

We were sitting together, like usual, but Tyler was next to us along with everyone he came with. I was sitting in between him and Selena, and it was just a little bit awkward. I knew Selena told me not to worry about it, but I still felt bad that she had to watch me and Tyler together. I figured that I should play match maker too, like how she did to me, and find her somebody she could maybe get along with. Maybe Tyler would know someone. I decided to ask him afterwards.

"Hey, Tyler?" I called as we began to walk out of the pews. He turned around, raising an eyebrow.

"Hm?"

"Do you know any cute boys?" I asked blatantly, realizing that I hadn't really thought that question through.

"Am I not cute enough?" Tyler joked, laughing a bit to himself. He quiet laugh cause me to smile, but I quickly shook my head.

"No, you definitely are..." I laughed. "But I mean someone that we could set Selena up with."

"Well, Josh is pretty cute, but he's already dating Debby so that's out of the question," Tyler stated, causing me to giggle. He then stopped for a moment and looked up, probably thinking of somebody else he had in mind. "There is this guy I know named Matthew. He goes to this church." I immediately smiled, getting a little too overly excited.

"Do you think Selena will like him?" I asked curiously.

"She probably already knows him," he informed me. "He was in our choir class."

"Well," I shrugged. "Let's give it a try."

A/n: okay i'm sorry i haven't updated this in forever

Everything Has Changed// Tyler Joseph X Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें