nine

•Tyler's POV•

"So... happy you came to the dance yesterday?" Josh smirked, as he leaned back onto the couch.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "Especially when Y/n and I danced... It was amazing," I sighed dreamily, resting my chin on my hand.

"You should've tried to make a move," he stated.

"I tried, but I'm not much of a romantic. I make things awkward," I laughed at myself.

"Same," he smiled. "So, what do you wanna do?" He asked.

"I hate to turn you down Josh, but I have to go to my choir class," I sighed. It really was tiring, going to all of these choir practices. Soon enough it would be over, once it got closer to Christmas.

"It's fine. I'll see you later?" He got up, and walked towards the front door.

"Yeah. See ya Josh!" I called out to him as he waved towards me and left.

Not long after Josh left, I left too. I walked through the freezing air to get to my car, and opened the door and sat down. After I started the car, I turned on the heat and started to drive.

I hoped that Y/n would be there. She didn't always go with her cousin, but I was really hoping she would go because I really wanted to see her. And the thought of seeing her made me all smiley and happy. I didn't know why she made me feel this way. I barely knew her. Sure, I remember her from 4th grade, but I didn't really know her. I wanted to though.

Once I arrived, I rushed through the cold air to get into the church. I opened the doors and immediately noticed Y/n standing next to Selena. The feeling of happiness and excitement washed over me as I made my way towards them.

"Hey," I smiled as Y/n noticed me standing next to her.

"Hey Tyler," she beamed, turning away from Selena. "How are you?"

"I'm great," I replied. "How about you?"

"Fantastic."

A few minutes later, the teacher quieted everyone down. After that, we sang a few things, and she eventually gave us another break.

"Tyler, can you come here?" The teacher asked, looking towards me. I left my place and walked towards her.

"Yes?" I asked, still not sure what she wanted.

"At the Christmas show, they wanted to know if we could have an extra performance. I immediately thought of you, because of how talented you are. Would you do it?" She questioned.

"Um sure," I replied. "What am I gonna sing though?"

"You told me before that you write your own songs sometimes, and I bet they're great. Do you think you could play one?"

"Can I just sing that Mariah Carey Christmas song?" I requested. She laughed to herself.

"No, Tyler. You don't have to perform anything if you don't want to," she stated.

"No it's fine. I have a few songs written, and I think I have one in mind. It's not necessarily a Christmas song... but it kinda sounds like one? Would that be fine?" I asked.

"Sure. Did you happen to name the song yet?"

"I didn't name it yet... but I'm thinking of something along the lines of 'believer'," I replied.

"It sounds great. Thank you," she said.

"No problem," I smiled as I walked back to Y/n and Selena.

"So what did she want?" Selena asked, raising an eyebrow.

"She wanted to me to sing something else at the show. I said yes," I told her, and she nodded.

_______________________________

After the class, I suggested that we all get ice cream.

"I'll tell Dal he doesn't have to pick us up," Selena stated, looking at her phone screen as she got into the back of the car, and Y/n got in the passenger seat.

"I'd feel terrible if I didn't invite Josh. Do you guys mind if he meets us there?" I asked as I began to pull out my phone.

"Not at all," Y/n smiled.

I quickly texted Josh, and then started the car.

"Y/n?" I called quietly, and she turned towards me in response. "Do you know if you're moving here yet?" I asked subtly, hoping she wouldn't notice the fact that I was basically desperate for her to stay.

"I'm still not sure," she replied, and I nodded.

I wanted her to stay because I loved seeing her. I loved being in her presence. Whenever she was around, I always felt happy and excited. I really liked her.

Once we arrived at the ice cream place, we all got out of the car. We walked inside of the store, and I saw Josh sitting at a table on his phone, but he looked up and noticed us.

"Hey guys," he smiled, getting up and walking towards us.

"Hey Josh," I smiled.

After everyone ordered what they wanted and it came time to pay, I stepped in front of everyone and pulled out my wallet.

"I'll pay for everyone," I stated, pulling out some money.

"You don't have to do that!" Josh exclaimed.

"Yeah, really it's fine," Y/n stated, and Selena nodded her head, agreeing with her.

"No, it's okay. It's on me," I stated, and turned around to give it to the cashier.

"Tyler," Y/n said, and she grabbed my hand to turn me around. "You don't have to."

"I said it's on me," I smiled, and turned back around. I handed it to the cashier quickly, before anyone could stop me again.

We all sat down at a table, eating our ice cream.

"Thank you, Tyler," Y/n stated, looking towards me. "That was really nice of you."

"Not a problem," I replied. She smiled in return, and I found myself getting lost in her eyes. It was only until Josh kicked my leg under table that I realized I had been zoning out again. I blinked and shook my head quickly, getting out of my trance, and looked over at Josh. He was smirking, almost laughing to himself a bit. I looked back at Y/n, and she looked like she was holding back a giggle.

Yeah. I really want her to stay.