epiløgue

•A few years later•

•Y/n's POV•

I stood in line behind a hundred other people, trying to fix the cap on my head. The graduation gown I was wearing was really uncomfortable, and I couldn't wait any longer to finally get out of here and celebrate.

I was especially excited because I would get to see Tyler in a few days. His that he started with Josh was starting to get popular, so he was out playing shows in a few other states. I had been seeing him on and off for the past two months, and of course we called almost everyday, but he  was coming home for good his time. Well, until his next tour. He promised I could come with him then.

I was so caught up in my exciting thoughts that I hadn't even realized I was nearing the stage. My heart sped up as every name was called, knowing that mine was coming up next.

When I heard my name being spoken into the microphone, I confidently picked my head up and smiled as I walked to receive my certificate.

The lady handed it to me, and I could hear my families cheers from across the auditorium. As I walked off of the stage, I turned my head towards the many people who were seated and searched for my family. I caught sight of Selena jumping up and down, but I could hardly make out anyone's face. I smiled to myself as I thought about the celebration that we were going to have after this.

xxx

Once the whole thing finally ended, I walked outside of the building to find my parents. There was a bunch of other people outside, crowding around and congratulating everyone. I noticed Selena's long brown hair, so I quickly squeezed through everyone and made my way over to her.

"Hey Selena!" I exclaimed, and she turned around at the mention of her name. She immediately smiled, and brought me into a hug.

"I have a surprise for you!" She said, causing me to raise an eyebrow in question. "Tyler, come!" She yelled towards the other direction, where I noticed Tyler talking to my parents. My  jaw dropped when I noticed Tyler, dressed in a nice button up shirt and pants. He smiled charmingly as he stepped over to us.

I lunges myself at him, engulfing him in a hug. I wrapped my arms around his body, hugging him extremely tightly.

"Whoa there, calm down," he chuckled, wrapping his arms around me. "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I said, pulling away and smiling widely. I had absolutely no idea that Tyler would be here, yet I wasn't completely surprised. You could count on Tyler to be right next to you on one of your most important days.

"You're making me feel stupid. Now you're a college graduate, and I'm a college dropout," he joked, causing me to roll my eyes. He may have dropped out of college, but he was far from stupid. He had to be one of the smartest people I'd ever met.

"Well, you're in a band and touring around different states. You're making me feel talentless," I responded. He only laughed, taking my hand and intertwining it with his.

"Speaking of talent," he said, smirking as he pointed to himself, "our next tour is coming up." I began to feel nervous. What if I wasn't able to go with him again? I knew he promised me, but maybe there wasn't enough room or something. I wasn't really thinking rationally, I was just afraid I'd have to be apart from him again.