five

•Y/n's POV•

Selena came home from school, and I saw Tyler quietly following in behind her. They both took their coats off, and Selena threw hers on a chair. I giggled to myself as I noticed that Tyler was wearing a white shirt over his black hoodie.

"Why are you wearing that?" I asked in between giggles.

"What? It's stylish," he defended himself, smiling a little. He picked up his black backpack, and set it on the table next to Selena's. They both sat down, taking out their homework.

"Get over here and sit with us!" Selena turned around, motioning her arms to the chair next to Tyler.

"I don't wanna watch you guys do homework! That's boring," I whined, forcing myself off the couch and walking to the table. I slouched into the chair next to Tyler.

"I don't get this," Selena stated, turning towards Tyler, since he was working on the same homework as she was. Tyler looked over at her paper, and stared at it for a few seconds.

"I've got no idea," he finally spoke, sitting back. He turned to me with a pleading smile. "Y/n?" He called my name in a sing-song tone. "Help?" I groaned and scooted closer to them, taking a look at what they were confused about. I grabbed the pencil out of Tyler's hand, and leaned over him, writing down the first step to the problem. I explained how to do it, and after that they both understood, so I leaned back in my chair.

"You're really smart," Tyler smiled, turning his head towards me.

"Eh, I guess I just learned it before you so I'm just more familiar with it," I shrugged.

"Or... maybe you're just really smart," he chuckled.

"No, you're smart too!" I exclaimed, smiling widely at his compliment.

"I guess," he shrugged, and laughed a bit to himself before going back to doing his homework.

After about 30 minutes, they decided to take a break.

"You guys wanna watch a movie or something?" Selena asked, walking towards the shelf with all of the movies.

"Sure," Tyler replied, sitting on the couch. I followed him, and sat next to him.

"What do you wanna watch?" She asked, turning towards the both of us.

"Ooh can we watch Aladdin?" I suggested, smiling and hoping that they wouldn't mind. Look, Aladdin is by far the best Disney prince of all time. Don't fight me on this.

Selena nodded and began looking through the movies, until she finally found it and pulled it off the shelf. She put it in the DVD player and walked back to the couch, sitting on the other side of me.

Halfway through the movie, when Jasmine was with Aladdin, Tyler spoke up.

"Gonna be honest, I had a crush on her when I was like 8," he admitted, and ran a hand through his hair.

"Seriously?" I laughed.

"Yes, seriously," he looked at me sternly.

Throughout the movie, Tyler had been singing along to all of the songs, which was pretty enjoyable to watch. But then when "A Whole New World" came on, he suggested I sing with him for the duet.

"No way," I shook my head. "Not gonna happen."

"Who's gonna sing the girl part then?" He pouted.

"Sing the part yourself. I thought you could hit those high notes, Tyler," I replied back sassily.

"Just sing with the dang boy!" Selena whispered next to me.

"Okay, okay fine."

During the song, Selena decided to push me, so I'd fall onto Tyler, like this was some sort of cliche story or something. I fell onto his lap, and I looked up only to see his eyes staring back down at me. Well, this is awkward.

"S-sorry," I stuttered, and pushed myself back up.

"It's okay," Tyler replied.

Once the movie ended, Tyler sat up.

"Well, we have choir again. I'm really sick of going to all these practices," he complained.

"Well, the show is a week before Christmas. Then we'll have a break," Selena said, relieved.

"Y/n, you're coming to the show right? I'll make sure you get seats in the front of the church," he smiled widely, almost begging for me to say yes.

"Of course." I replied, and we all left the house to go to the church.

The whole time, I was only listening to Tyler's voice, just like the first day I came with Selena. He was also the only thing on my mind. Something about his beautiful voice, something about his cute smile, and something about the way he runs his hands through his hair when he gets nervous had me thinking about him a lot.