fifteen

I stepped into Dallas's car, and shut the door, and then he began driving home.

It was silent. Nobody had said a word in the car. I figured Selena was mad at me because I snapped at her, so she obviously didn't want to talk to me. Dallas probably had no idea what happened.

And this time, I couldn't spill out all of my feelings and tell Selena how mad Tyler probably was at me. Because she was mad too. So I somehow had to fix it on my own.

I leaned my head against the cold car window, and stared outside. It was snowing, and everything but the streets and sidewalks were covered in snow.

I thought about how mad I was at myself for snapping at Selena and hurting Tyler. All because I didn't want to get too attached to him. Truth was, I probably already was too attached to him.

My parents told me that they still weren't sure if we were going to move back. I figured that meant we were just going back to New York, because they would have known if we were staying or not by then.

My excuse for not going out with Tyler had always been, 'I don't know if I'm staying', but that didn't matter anymore. I wanted to make it up to him. But how could I do that? He heard me say that we'd only ever be friends. He didn't hear the truth though.

I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and tried to text Tyler. I doubted he would answer, but it was the most I could do at the moment.

Y/n: Tyler, I'm sorry

Y/n: I mean it

Read

Of course, he read my message and didn't want to respond. He probably didn't want anything to do with me.

Y/n: Tyler, I'm really sorry and I didn't mean what I said before

Y/n: Please respond

Tyler: I'm sorry, Tyler can't come to the phone right now. why? oh! maybe because his own friend made him to believe he had a chance with her, but she completely threw him off

Y/n: I said I was sorry

Y/n: Tyler

Read

He didn't respond to me after that.

We arrived home, and I guessed the first thing I should do was apologize to Selena.

"Selena?" I called, knocking on her door slightly.

"What do you want?" She asked, a tone of annoyance in her voice.

"I wanted to say sorry," I responded quietly.

The door opened slowly, and Selena was standing there. She stepped aside and motioned for me to come in.

"It's okay," she said, and she sat down on her bed. I sat down beside her.

"I know Tyler heard what you said. He's upset, isn't he?" She asked, looking over to me.

"Yeah," I nodded quietly. "He won't talk to me."

"Well, I guess I can understand why. He's probably embarrassed because he used to think he had a chance with you. He told me he wanted to ask you out, but that boy took too long to gather up enough courage. So I told you to do it. Obviously, that didn't work," she explained, and I felt even more bad for him. Once he gathered up enough courage to finally say something to me, I hurt him.