Chapter 2: School Time

It was early Monday morning, and all that could be heard was the annoying beeps from the alarm clock.

Beep, beep, beep...

Then there was a slam and the alarm stopped beeping.

"Shiniko...wake uuupppp" Gakushuu mumbled.

"...It's a school day...isn't it..." she mumbled back.

"Yup!"

"Ugghhhh!!!!!" she groaned.

"Sheesh, I get it, you're smart, now get out of my room we need to get ready!"

Shiniko dragged her feet out of Gakushuu's room and back into her own. 

As Shiniko leaves the room, she remembered that today was her first day of school, and just the thought of it immediately made her charged with energy. 

When she got into her room, she noticed a uniform on her bed.

"Hm, this must be the uniform for the school..." She thought as she got dressed, the uniform fitting her perfectly. "Aannnd done!"

When she finished, she caught a whiff of a sweet aroma when she opened the door. She went downstairs to the kitchen and dining room, and saw Uncle Asano making pancakes.

"Good morning Uncle!" She said in a cheerful tone.

"Good morning Shiniko, just sit down for now and wait until I'm done."

"Ok!"

"Something smells good! Mornin' dad!" Gakushuu said as he entered.

"Morning."

"Shiniko, how did you get here so fast?!" Gakushuu exclaimed.

"I'm excited for school, duh."

"Right...hehe." he laughed awkwardly.

"Pancakes done! Enjoy!" Uncle Asano set the pancakes on their plates.

"Thanks!" Shiniko and Gakushuu said at the same time.

As usual, after breakfast, everyone got their bags and left for school.

"So, what did you do on Sunday?" Uncle asked.

~Flashback~

It was Sunday morning, so of course everyone slept in. Except for Uncle Asano, he had to run errands all day. Gakushuu woke up first and started to study/read his books. Shiniko woke up to the sound of pages flipping and a moving chair, so she decided to see where it was coming from. She found the room where the sounds were coming from, she knocked on the door and startled Gakushuu.

"...Come in."

After getting permission, Shiniko slowly opened the door, only to find Gakushuu at his desk with a stack of books.

"Shuu...make some food I'm hungry~..."

Gakushuu sighed before replying, "Alright, alright, what do you want to eat?"

"Uummm...how 'bout...eggs and bacon?"

"Ok...."

"Yay!"

Gakushuu sighed once again and got started.

"Thanks for the meal! It was delicious!" Shiniko complimented.

"No problem... so now what do you want to do?"

"Uummm...how about we play games all day and read before bedtime?" she suggested.