Chapter 11: Days Off Time

Dark shiz up ahead...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When the whole space downstairs was painted, Shiniko didn't enter the space downstairs for two days, to make sure it was completely dry. Two events happened during her days off.

On both her days off, she slept in for a long time.

During her two days, she met up with Yukimura sensei during lunch and after school. She finally got to meet her sister, Akari Yukimura, the famous actress, but didn't cause a big commotion about it. Since then, they've became good friends and occasionally hang out.

On her second day, she went to Yukimura sensei's fiancé's labatory to see the experiment. She met her fiancé, Kotorō Yanagisawa, he wasn't too excited to see a little girl in his lab, and Shiniko didn't like the way he was treating her. Yukimura sensei told her a few things about him as they entered the room where the "guinea pig" was.

When Shiniko first saw him, she was shocked, he didn't look like a dangerous killer like Yukimura sensei said he was. She even told her that she had the same reaction when she first met him. But what got Shiniko really intrigued was, he was the former assassin known as "The Reaper".

Shiniko's been going with Yukimura sensei everyday to visit The Reaper and to see the effects of the experiment. Soon enough, they were also on the same level of friendship as Yukimura sensei and himself.

At school, all the students, mostly the girls were glad that she wasn't there. But the guys on the other hand, they missed her. All the absences were reported to the principal. He was not pleased with her absences and called her to his office.

Shiniko knocked on the door and faint 'come in' was heard. She entered and stood in front of his desk.

"Is there something wrong?" Shiniko questioned.

"As a matter of fact there is. I was informed that you haven't been in class for two weeks straight. Is that correct?"

"Yes it is."

"I'm sorry, but I have no choice but to send you to E Class for your last year of junior high. You will continue your studies in A Class for the time being."

"Understood."

Shiniko left the office, she was expecting to be sent to E Class for skipping two weeks of school without any notice.

After she went back to class, everyone was staring at her. They knew she was going to E Class, that didn't bother her though. She attended all her classes, but payed no attention, all the work and homework she got, she finished in class and when she got home there was nothing to do.

Some days after school, she would hangout with Yukimura sensei and The Reaper or Akari, or receive another assignment from Lovro sensei, which she gladly accepted. When Lovro gave her an assignment, which was like every other day, she would leave the house in the dead of night after dinner.

She didn't check her cameras as much anymore, since nothing exciting ever happens.

After finding out she was going to E Class, her class bullied her physically and verbally every single day. She still showed no emotion on her face, even though the things they said and did were tearing her to shreds, shattering her mind and heart after she had fixed it. There was only a week left until spring break, she hasn't talked with Karma ever since she started cleaning.

She was broken and empty inside.

All her emotions, personalities, gone, just like that. Now, she was a lonely, empty vessel with the darkest thoughts. She hid her pain with fake smiles and laughs, she built a wall around her heart that no one could break ever again.

When she was alone, she'd crack. She would cry silently, curled up on her bed. As she did her homework, her tears just continuously flow down her face.

Some days it would hurt so much that she would grab one of her blades and start cutting herself. To her the pain wasn't there, she couldn't feel it, she's already been hurt one too many times.

After she was satisfied with her cuts, she watched as the fresh crimson blood trickled down her arm, taking in the faint smell of blood in the process. Then she would bandage her arm and make dinner as if nothing happened.

She would have to cover her bandaged arm, so the water and soap wouldn't make it sting, but she wouldn't mind if it did.

Everyday's the same, go to school, get bullied, sleep in class, and skip class by going to the washroom.

She still visits Yukimura sensei as usual and hangs out with Akari, with them she felt more at home and genuinely happy. She distanced herself from her brother and his friends, she didn't want them to drag them in her problems. She still gets assignments from Lovro, she would accept it no matter what her condition was, and she made her assassinations quick, quiet, and a lot less bloody.

Shiniko had gotten used to living downstairs alone. Occasionally, Gakushuu would come down with desserts to try to cheer her up, key word: try, which worked, but he could see right through her little facade. He tried to get her to talk about it, but she wouldn't break her fake act. Her smiles and laughs may be fake, but her eyes tell the truth no matter how you look at it.

Soon enough it was spring break, during the day, Shiniko would walk around town going into different shops getting materials for her many experiments. She met many new people and they became great acquaintances.

After buying the materials, she got started on many projects. First, she took her clothes with pockets and modified them so it prevents things from melting. She made a testing pocket first and timed how long the item can last before melting.

She took one of the many small containers of ice cream from her freezer, sealed it in the testing pocket and left it untouched until nightfall.

While waiting, she also modified many of her weapons, clothes and phone case.

Nightfall finally came, she stopped her timer and checked on the ice cream. It wasn't melted one bit. She was glad that it worked, so she made more of that fabric and lined all her pockets with them.

The next day, she added a few things to her phone case. She added a small switchblade and made it so that she could change the blade whenever she wanted. She also made a small compartment for her earbuds in case she needs them, which was like all the time.

Soon enough, she ran out of materials for her projects, and had to get more. Passing through the park as a short cut, she saw...