Chapter 26: Island Time

A few days into summer vacation and Shiniko's already bored. So, she decided to take a nature walk.

As always, she was listening to her music. Unknowingly, she started singing out loud.

When the song ended, she heard rustling in the bushes. Instinctively, she drew one of her real blades out of her pocket and threw it in the direction of the noise.

"Woah!"

Shiniko walked closer and looked over the bush expecting a stranger or something, but it was only a few of her classmates.

"Oh, it's only you guys," She took her knife out of the dirt and put it back.

"What's with the real knife?" Maehara asked.

"Oh, I don't know... Maybe to protect myself against creeps," Shiniko answered sarcastically.

"Right..." he said, somewhat uneasy.

Shiniko ended up joining them on their bug hunt. Kurahashi showed them one of her traps that already had three insects on it. She had 20 more up else where that should make about 1 000 yen each.

Soon, they heard chuckling and turned their heads, only to see Okajima on a branch reading one of his magazines. He started to walk off, the rest of the group followed. He parted some bushes to the side, revealing a completely pink Koro-sensei in a stag beetle costume, reading a dirty magazine while sitting on a pile of them. 

"I may have a filthy mind, but it'll serve me well in the pursuit of my goal. It's because I'm a self-aware, first-class perv that I know the uncomfortable truth," Okajima said as he held up the anti-sensei knife that was in between the pages of a magazine, "In the end, pornography will save the world."

"Oh jeez," Shiniko thought, while the other four thought that he was actually cool there for a sec.

Then Okajima started to explain the plan, but before they could do anything, Koro-sensei's eyes went all dweeen and extended out.

"Thought you could hide from me?" Koro-sensei questioned and grabbed something from the tree. "A miyama stag beetle, with white eyes."

Both Kurahashi and Shiniko's face's lit with joy, and they ran out of the bushes. Then Koro-sensei and Kurahashi started jumping on the pile of magazines. After Koro-sensei realized he was on top of a pile of dirty magazines, he covered his face with his tentacles, letting the beetle crawl on him. Shiniko carefully picked up the beetle to get a closer look at the white eyes.

"So, what's the big deal with this beetle?" Sugino asked, "It's just a miyama stag beetle, right?Didn't you say that artificial breeding made them all pretty much worthless."

"Actually, these go for a lot on account for being really hard to breed." Kurahashi answered, "A midsized one is worth its wait in gold. One as big as this fella, we're talkin' a small fortune."

"Shut up!" Sugino exclaimed.

"Most beetle eyes are black, but the eyes on this beetle are white," Shiniko added. "With stag beetles, albinism is only possible with the eyes, that's what makes them rare. These could go for hundreds of thousands of yen." She gave Kurahashi the beetle.

The guys faces all lit up as they heard how much its worth.

"Okie dokie, boys. Which one of you rejects wants this baby?" Kurahashi asked, holding up the beetle.

"Me!" All the guys exclaimed and shot their hands up.

"You'll have to catch me first!" Kurahashi said happily and ran off, the guys started going after her. Shiniko caught up to Kurahashi with her wings, but not to take the beetle. She could make thousands on her own quite easily. In the end, no one got the beetle and Kurahashi kept it herself.

A week before their class trip, the whole class was on the mountain practicing their shooting skills. Everyone was hard at work, but Professor Bitch was just relaxing.

Lovro was behind Professor Bitch, startling her, "Somethings can be counted on to never change." Karasuma, then explained why he was here. "Relax for even one day and your killing muscles atrophy. Unless you want to fail, wear something respectable!" Lovro yelled.

Professor Bitch jumped out her chair and began running into the class and came out not long after in a plain, black hoodie.

While Shiniko was busy with target practice, she noticed that Nagisa walked up to Lovro and said something that was inaudible to her.

"What do they have to talk about?" Shiniko thought as she hit her mark.

When the day of their trip came, everyone was on the boat enjoying themselves. Koro-sensei got motion sickness, again.

Upon their arrival, they were handed complimentary drinks.

"On behalf of the Fukuma Resort Hotel, welcome. We hope your stay is a pleasant one. Tropical juice compliments of the house, enjoy!" The guy handing out drinks welcomed.

When he got to Shiniko's table, she stared at him since he looked familiar, then he winked which only confirmed Shiniko's sneaking suspicion and she smirked to herself.

The class decided to get into groups and started planning.

Sadly to say, Shiniko was stuck with Kayano's group, and they were going snorkeling. Shiniko had to rework her swimsuit so that the top part would stay on because her wings were in the way. Her swimsuit was much like Nakamura's, but just a wee bit different. When Karma saw her, he immediately started to tease her, but it couldn't be helped. Heck, even Nakamura joined in.

When they finally got into the water, Shiniko cooled down a little. When she needed some air, she poked her head up and she saw Karasuma and Professor Bitch on shore. Then Karasuma picked her up and tossed her into the ocean, making Shiniko laugh before going back under.

Near the end of the day, Koro-sensei was all black, head to toe. During dinner, Koro-sensei molted. Bad idea. Molting takes away energy and after dinner was when they were going to try their assassination plan. Koro-sensei looked all gloomy, but when the food arrived his face lit back up and started to pig out.

After dinner, everyone got ready. Shinko was in one of the speedboats with Kayano 'cause why not.

"How are you holding up with the pain?" Shiniko asked, since it's been awhile ever since she had the tentacle seeds injected into her.

"Ugh, the pain is unbearable," She answered miserably in her Kayano voice.

"Can you talk like yourself? Sometimes I can't take you seriously." Shiniko said.

"Fine," Kayano talked in her normal voice, "But the pain is unbearable. When I got kidnapped with Kanzaki, I wanted to destroy them, but I hade to keep up the act."

"Of course..." Shiniko said kind of down.

Only a few more minutes before their plan goes into action.