Chapter 4: School Time Pt.3

The following grades were no different than the others, but after school Shiniko would find a nice quiet place in the library to finish her remaining homework and study a little. After, she would go outside to have some alone time and do the things she enjoys.

One day, while she was reading under the tree, the bullies took this opportunity to bully her once again. They grabbed her book away and played "Keep Away" with it. Shiniko tried her best to get it back, but she was a little short. 

Then, out of nowhere a boy snatched the book back.

"Don't you know it's not nice to take things that aren't yours?" the mysterious boy taunted. 

"Who are you?!"

"Yeah! Who do you think you are?! Do you even go here?!" the bullies tried to scare him off. 

"That's for me to know and for you to find out. Now scram before things get ugly," He threatened with a death glare and sinister smirk.

"U-uh... we're sorry! Please don't hurt us!" the bullies runs away terrified.

"Finally, they left. Here's your book," the mysterious boy said as he returned the book.

"Thanks. You really don't go to our school do you?" Shiniko asked as she flipped back to the page she last off.

"Nope, I go to the other one near by, and the name's Karma, Karma Akabane. What's your name?"

"Nice to meet you, Akabane. Name's Shiniko."

"Nice to meet you too, Shiniko! Just call me Karma, 'kay?"

"Sure."

"So you always come here after school?"

"Yeah."

"Do you always get bullied?"

"...Yeah." Shiniko hesitated before giving her reply. 

"How long?"

"Why should I tell you?" She asked, sounding slightly annoyed at the amount of questions being thrown at her.

"Because I'm your friend so I need to know everything." Karma answered.

"That you don't need to know...yet."

"Ok... So can I always meet you here after school?"

"I don't care."

"Why are you so cold, Shiniko~?"

"Why can't I be cold."

"There's always a reason why people act cold towards others, so what's your reason?"

"I'll tell you, when I feel like I can trust you."

"Good enough for me!"

Shiniko made a new friend after years of isolation, but will it last, is the real question.

Everyday, Karma would go to the same tree to meet up with Shiniko. They would talk to each other, getting to know more about one another, but Shiniko didn't say much. It turns out that Karma was almost as smart as Shiniko, she was surprised when she found out, but as always, kept her straight face.

"I have to go now, see you tomorrow."

"I'll come with!"

"Whatever."

As they were walking, Karma realized that this was also his way home.