Chapter 7: Decision Time

"H-hello..." Shiniko stuttered.

"Shiniko Kuroshira, am I correct." said the intimidating man.

"Yes.."

"Sorry to disturb you, but I would like to ask you if you wanted to undergo training to become an assassin."

"You're kidding, right?"

"No."

"But why me out of all people?"

"I know your past, and up until now I've been watching. You have great potential, you might not know it now, but you have what it takes. You don't need to give your answer now, I'll be back tomorrow evening."

And with that, he disappeared. Shiniko was now confused and conflicted. She didn't know what to do, so she just continued her evening while thinking about his offer.

The next morning, she decided to walk around her neighborhood and to the nearest mall to get to know the area better, as well as visiting the school she would be attending. The school had a big playground, lots of open fields and there were a few students playing around. After touring around, she went home and...

Watched anime.

There was so much she needed to finish, but there was so little time. She didn't even realize that it was time for dinner. Since she was living alone, she didn't want to cook, so she made instant ramen. As she was eating, her thoughts lead back to the mysterious mans' offer.

Did she want to be an assassin?

She thought back to when she got left on the street.

Now she had a home and a family that cared for her. She ended her thoughts and made her decision.

Shiniko heard knocking at the door after deciding, she opened the door and it reveal the man from yesterday evening.

"Good evening." Shiniko said with complete confidence.

"Good evening to you to, so have you decided?"

"Yes, I have. I will become an assassin."

"Good. Now let's go, we need to started with the basics."

"Go where?"

"Assassins have training grounds everywhere. We will go to the nearest one and I will introduce you to other assassins that are hanging around before we begin." The man explained.