Chapter 3: School Time Pt.2

Shiniko is now in fourth grade, she still hangs out with her 'best friends' and is still in the same class with Gakushuu.

At this point, she has surpassed her brother, and her 'best friends' aren't as 'close' to her as they were back then.

They would talk during breaks and lunch, but it would always be about answers to homework or her brother, and everyday Shiniko would ask, "Why don't you ask him yourself?" The girls would reply with, "Because he's your brother and he might be creeped out that we're asking him a bunch of questions all the time!" With that said, Shiniko just sighed in defeat, it was the same back then too. Now, she was sick and tired of listening to her 'friends' talk and ask about her brother, but she had no one else to turn, so she just stopped hanging around them.

She would sit alone at her table thinking about life while staring outside. Her so called 'best friends' got angry that she stopped talking to them, and started bullying her both physically and verbally while Asano and his friends weren't around.

Sometimes she would be a little productive and study, draw, listen to music or multitask. It would either be in the class, on the roof or anywhere quiet and shady outside.

Even though she was bullied everyday, to hide her pain she would always put on a fake smile, especially for Gakushuu and Uncle Asano.

No one else knew about her pain, Gakushuu started to worry because she wasn't talking to anyone anymore and she would always be by herself.

He decided to spy on her one day, but what he saw left him eyes wide and speechless. He witnessed his own sister being bullied. He watched with horror, but was frozen like a statue. When the bell rang, he heard what the girls had to say to her.

"Stay away from Asano he's ours and you've been stealing him away from us!!!"

"Yeah! So do us all a favor and go die already!!!"

Gakushuu was stunned. He ran back to class, pretended like nothing happened, but he was going to talk to Shiniko about it after school.

Everyone already left the classroom, leaving Shiniko and Gakushuu behind.

"Shiniko, can I talk to you."

"Sure Shuu, what do you need?" She asked with a fake smile on her face.

"I saw what happened to you at lunch, how long has this been going on?" He asked seriously.

"What are you talking about Shuu?" She tried to play dumb and pretend like she didn't know what he was talking about.

"You know what I mean, I saw you getting bullied at lunch."

The fact that he knew what happened, shocked Shiniko. She looked down to the ground, "...it started ever since I got here..." her voice started to break and she face the other way.

"Why didn't you say anything, you know Dad and I care about you...seeing you like this doesn't make me happy, you're my little sister after all..."

"...I know...."

"Come here."

Shiniko walked over to Gakushuu, and he gave her a big, warm teddy bear hug. Shiniko started to cry silently, once she finished shedding her tears, she returned the hug.

"Thanks Shuu, I needed that..." she smiled and gave Gakushuu a genuine smile.

"No problem, that's what I'm here for... Come on let's go, Dad's probably mad at us for taking so long."

"Yeah..."

When they got outside, Uncle Asano wasn't there, so the two of them walked home together. Someone was watching them from a far, but neither of them noticed. When they got home, they finished their homework and both of them made dinner.