1

«I'll keep you a daydream away. Just watch from a safe place, so I never have to lose - A daydream away. All Time Low

December 13th, 2014. Barcelona, Spain.

His every move captivated me. Gently, he moved across the white surface and the world was at his feet.

I, on the other hand, was just watching. I was a no one. He was loved. I was the kid with the poker face. He was perfect. I was a mess.

He was charming. I was too shy.

"Hello" he'd say that simple word and I'd blush from head to toe.

"H-hello, Y-yuzuru-kun" And then I'd make a fool of myself. Every. Single. Time.

I was better when I didn't open my mouth.

And after that, he'd smile and wave goodbye. And I'd be in the clouds.

"He's so cute" I whispered to myself, watching from a safe distance. I always was.

He was at home on the ice. And I was too, but the crowd terrified me. It was heaven for him.

"You've practiced too much. You can do this" My coach told me.

But it was a lie. I skipped practice a few times. I told her I wasn't feeling well because I wanted to lock myself in my room to play videogames. I was wandering around when I was supposed to be practicing my Axel.

I was a failure. And he, he was the gold medalist. The Olympic Champion.

How dare I to love him?

*************

A/N: How was it?

The lyrics are important, you might not understand them right now. Sometimes, it's about their feelings, the things they don't say. Sometimes, it's about what's coming. 

It's the first time I write something this short. I usually write 1000+ words. This feels a bit weird. 

-H.