20

« I travel a thousand miles just so I can see you smile. Feels so far away when you cry, because home is in your eyes.» -Home is in your eyes. Greyson Chance.

Maybe, it was just a dream after all.

Or maybe he realized loving someone like me was too much of a burden. Just like everyone else.

He suddenly wasn't talking to me. But, the moment I saw him, I knew something was wrong. His eyes. His aura. Him.

He looks different.

"Hello, Sho-"

"Have a good day, Hanyu-senshu" he simply said.

And then he left.

I skated. He skated. We were on the same ice, but we were two worlds apart. After my programs, my foot screamed in pain, reminding me I was still healing from an injury. But I still chased him.

"Shoma!"

Please, wait.

He kept walking down the hallway. So I forced myself to run. And I didn't stop until my arms surrounded him.

Panting, I whispered:

"Can you please not ignore me?"

My voice definitely hinted how hurt I was. But he said nothing. He didn't even move. I was practically hugging a rag doll.

"What have I done wrong?"

I saw him fall. I saw the pain in his eyes. I didn't see the Shoma I loved skating.

"I'm tired, Yuzuru. Please let me go."

Please, stay. Stay with me.

"I was so excited to see you. And I know we didn't meet at 4CC but I... I waited every day to see your smile. I waited for what felt like ages and now... Just, please, tell the reason why you hate me."

He stopped walking.

"I...don't hate you" Shoma said in a low voice.

I stared at him as he turned.

"You don't hate me?"

"Uh... no"

I almost collapsed. And then I cried. He panicked. I hid my face in my hands.

"You don't hate me" I repeated and he moved close to me, still panicking.

"I could never hate you, Yuzu."

I hugged him. He froze. He was so familiar. His height, his curly hair, his presence.

"Then please don't treat me like that again, Sho. Please. I need you. And I miss you so much when you're gone."

Because you're like home to me.

"But, is it okay if... it's just me? Can it be me?"

"The thing is, it can only be you. There's only one of you, one Shoma Uno in the whole world."

"But I-"

"Can it be me, Shoma?" I looked into those eyes, those beautiful eyes of his as I grabbed his hands.

"You'd make me the luckiest guy alive."

"Uh, no. That's me."

He smiled. And I was home. 

*****

A/N: I apologize for not updating yesterday. I have no excuse other than I was having one of those days when you're too tired to do anything but existing.

Sorry. 

But I tried my best and here it is. Three more chapters. And some cheesy Yuzushoma. :')  

- H.