25

«So far away, but still so near. The lights come up, the music dies.

But you don't see me standing here.»

-Dancing on my own. Calum Scott.

I was standing in my final pose. Somehow, I did every single thing in my program the way it was meant to be. As I stood there, watching the crowd, my heart was joyful. And I realized for the first time I was not terrified of being there anymore, I actually adored that sensation when it was them and me, and we were all happy.

I thought I was so lucky.

I thought, maybe I could do it.

"Shoma Uno's currently in second place"

I was okay with that. I was okay if it was him on the first place.

But he wasn't.

I met a different Yuzuru that day. The Short program's bronze medalist was quiet, his face expressionless.

"Yuzuru, you were magical to me."

I saw something on his eyes.

"Thank you. You did good aswell. Congratulations."

His smile was not a real one. He was just being polite.

Maybe, it was because of Yukari. But her kiss was a mistake. I thought he knew it. I thought he knew I only loved him. I was only his.

"We need to talk."

I said nothing. My heart felt weird. The dream was about to turn into a nightmare.

"I want to end this. If there was even something between us."

I thought we were something. I thought if he loved me, I could try and make him happy. I dared to think I was... special.

But words can destroy every inch of happiness in your soul. I learned that during 4 Continents.

******

A/N: Last one for today. Thank you for reading as always. I really appreciate it <3 

-H.