24

«I'm tired of feeling alone. Don't let me... Don't let me go.

I'm tired of sleeping alone.»

-Don't let me go. Harry Styles.

"Can I hold your hand?"

I loved the way after saying something like that he'd blush, shyness taking control over him.

I shifted in my seat. I held his cold hands in mine.

"They're so tiny" I realized.

"I heard that" Shoma complained.

"They fit perfectly in mine"

He snorted.

"Yuzu, you can fix it all being cheesy."

"Oh, but I can" I smirked.

The place was cold. But we were ready to compete.

"Ready to take that gold?"

"Ready to try and stop me from doing so?"

"Ready to do your best?"

"Ready to watch me skate?"

"No. I'm never ready."

"Shoma."

He blushed.

"I meant that... You skate so beautifully, every time I think I can handle it and watch your program..."

I hid my face in Pooh-san to stop him from seeing me blushing out of happiness. And there, I was truly happy.

And I thought, we were meant to be. I thought I deserved a chance to give love and be loved. Then she appeared.

I was doing a lap on the practice rink while Shoma sat in the bench tying his skates for the millionth time.

"Sho-chan, hi!" Suddenly a girl wrapped her arms around a him. A very pretty girl.

"Excuse you?" I mumbled to myself. 'Sho-chan' was MINE to call him.

"Oh, Yu. H-"

She kissed him, and I stared, standing in the middle of the rink. Bewildered.

For a second, I was angry. Mad. Ready to turn the world into ashes. Then, the realization hit me. We weren't anything. I never said the words. We were friends. Or maybe more. But I never asked him to be only mine.

Please, stay with her. All I want for you is to be safe, and happy, and I'm not that for you, Sho-chan. I never realized we didn't have a future. Not since I'm me. A male. An Olympic champion. Loving someone like me will only cause you pain.

So I'll let you go. 

****

A/N: Am i the only one who loves Yuzu's shiny pants? Im so glad he brought them back. 

Also, Chopin is coming back. I CANT BELIEVE ONE OF MY FAVS IS BACK ADAJDAJDG <3 

-H. 

p.s. please excuse any grammar mistakes, my english isn't perfect.