29

«Can I be the one you talk in all your stories?»

-Can I be him. James Arthur

Yuzu loves you. He's madly in love with you, he's just a little dumb. Please, if you feel the same, don't let him go. -Unknown number.

Confused, I stared at my phone. I sucked at English, but those incomprehensible words made my heart jump.

I've been competing non-stop in order to distract myself. And oh, how I wish we still were something. Anything but strangers. Friends, lovers, more than that. I wished he loved me like that message said.

Is it true? Is it possible?

I was lost in how beautiful he was in that lilac costume. He caught me staring and I swear there was so much in those eyes. Sadness. Worries. Frustration. Pain.

Why did you lie to me?

He was distracted that day. He got a deduction because he took too long to start, he messed up his precious quad Sal- triple toe combo and we were both broken when he finished.

I was next to skate. And I felt angry. You can't just go and make me feel like this, and leave.

I wanted him to look at me. I knew he was watching, next to the rink. So I made sure he couldn't look away.

If you want something, go and take it.

I knew he's a hot blooded athlete, I knew he wanted that gold. I was going to force him to look at me.

So fight, challenge me, make it about us.

And I did. I just had no idea I'd be on the podium and he'd be looking at me seating in the crowd after the Short.

Me and you against the world.

You'rea liar, Yuzuru Hanyu    

***

N/A: Tomorrow this story will end. I'm so... I don't even know. Thank you so much for reading, for leaving me comments and making me smile. You're all too nice. 

I really enjoyed writing this little story. I hope you all know i'm not stopping. I'd probably write another one soon. A better one, hopefully. As you can see I suck a plots. 

-H.