8

«I'm in the corner, watching you kiss her. And I'm right over here, why can't you see me? And I'm giving it my all, but I'm not the guy you're taking home.» – Dancing on my own. Calum Scott.

It was funny. He was kissing someone else. Of course he was. He was straight, what was I even thinking?

But it still felt awful.

He smiled. He held her hand. He let her fix his beautiful curly hair.

And I wanted to cry. I wanted to unsee the moment their foreheads touched.

"I can't love you"

"You disgust me"

"Stay away from me"

I dreamed he told me all those things. It kept me awake every night. It made me fall every day.

"Yu-chan" He said laughing and chasing the skinny skater. "Give me back my-"

And then he caught me, and froze. I was startled.

Yu-chan? Yu? -chan?

I should be the one he called that. How dare she steal my nickname?

"Hello, Yuzuru"

Yuzuru? But... but I was...

"Have a good day, Uno-senshu"

My heart died that day. Once again. 

******

N/A: Fun fact, these two personas I created for them relate to me so much. Sho's shy, Yuzu's in love and struggling. They can't confess how they really feel to the other, they suck at that. Sho's insecure, Yuzu's confident when it comes to the thing he loves the most -skating in his case. 

Anyway, hope you like this story. Thanks for reading. :)

-H.