18

«There's only one of you, and you're just what I like.»

Demanding, possessive, controlling. I had never this Shoma before. But I surely liked it. The thing was, there was no way I was being controlled. So I fought back. I pushed him inside the dark room and managed to close the door and use it as our support.

I cupped his face, I touched those precious curls, and I smiled against his soft lips when he rested his hands in my low back.

"Is this a dream?"

It was that small room, the moonlight, and us. But it was real.

"Have you ever felt like you wanted something so much it hurts?"

He smiled. I nodded.

"Have you ever felt like you can see a universe in someone else's eyes?"

I smiled. He nodded.

"I think I feel asleep while I was crying. "

"Then we're both having a beautiful dream."

He buried his face in my chest. I buried mine on his neck.

"Please stay with me when the dream is over."

We stayed awake. We needed to make sure one of us wouldn't disappear if we closed our eyes.

But one thing I was sure of. If any of us was having the most beautiful dream, it was me.

"That is so not fair!" Javier complained next morning. "You two went ahead of me, and now there's no teasing to do."

I was too happy.

"He likes me, can you believe it?"

Javi rolled his eyes like I had just told him the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"Everyone likes you, Yuzu. Being honest, I kind of expected it."

"What?"

"Him. You."

"Why?"

"Some people are simply made for each other."

*****

A/N: I love them so much. I love Shoma's curls and his soft voice, his shy smile. I love Yuzuru, his charm, his deep gaze. I admire how strong they are, how hard they work. And Shoma's my age ffs, he really makes me ask myself what I'm doing with my life. 

- H.