14

«Follow me when it's dark out. I will be your lighthouse. And if you're lost, I'll lead you back home. » -Lighthouse. Hearts & Colors.

I was never that angry before. Never in front of him. But seeing him belittling himself, hurted me. I was a perfectionist, I hated myself when I didn't achieve what I wanted, but... him, he didn't have to go through that... horrible sensation. I wanted him to believe in himself, to be strong and chase me. Only me. Not his fears.

I was selfish. I've always been. I'm considered humble, kind, a good person; but that's a façade. I want it all for myself. I want victory, golds, the spotlight inside the ice rink.

But Shoma. He was so complicated. So I showed him. I knew he was watching so I made sure he saw me doing my best. Every jump, every spin, everything.

You can be better than me.

I heard the music, poured my heart into it. I forgot the crowd, I heard them clapping but I was lost in my program.

You can conquer the world with that fire I see burning in you.

Shoma, he was seventeen. And he was already there, making a brilliant entrance into the Senior category.

Can't you see how amazing you are?

I just hoped he knew how much I wanted him to be happy. Because, when he crumbled down, so did I. And there, standing next to his best friend, he smiled and the world made sense.

He's so beautiful.

I panicked when I realized I was staring at him like the fool in love I was. And I prayed no one saw me. But, since I was the unluckiest man when it came to that, of course the worst person possible was there when I turned.

Javier.

He said nothing, but his smirk told me what I feared. The secret was not only mine anymore. 

*****

A/N: Hello, I'm back. So here are today's three chapters. Enjoy :)

P.s. I recently discovered this song, it's so beautiful. 

- H.