13

«I know that there's others that deserve you.» -Happier. Ed Sheeran.

It occurred to me when I saw him smiling to Evgenia: what if he liked someone? And I knew I had no rights to claim him, but I was so jealous. And I cried secretly in the bathroom, drowning in my feelings, and then I pretended nothing happened and entered the ice.

I wanted him to see me. But I fell. No one fell in their Short, but I did.

And him. He was perfect. He was magnificent. He was everything I'll never be.

"I can't do it, Sota"

"Yes, you can." My friend hugged me. He made sure I didn't break.

"Shoma?"

I knew that voice. I hid my face in Sota's shoulders, scared, ashamed.

"Sho-chan" he repeated, concern clear in his voice. I hated it. I hated to make him worry.

I was left alone with him.

"I'm so very proud of you, Sho" Yuzuru said and I stared at him, speechless. "You've made it this far. You're here. You're amazing."

What was he saying?

Yuzuru was right in front of me, but I was looking down. I was crying, I didn't want him to see me like that.

"I believe you will surpass us all. I know it. I've seen how good you are now. The world is meant to be yours."

I'm not.

"No, Yuzu. The world is yours" I replied. "I can't- I don't-"

My chin was abruptly forced up. And I found something unexpected in his eyes. It scared me.

Furious, he looks furious.

"Listen, Shoma." He muttered, inches away from my face. "I want you to try and steal it from me. So fight, challenge me, make it about us. But, the victory's for the fiery hearts, for strong spirits. Where's that confident, fiery, attractive Shoma that skated out there? Cause this sure isn't him."

I had no words. I was too lost in his eyes, shining, a ravenous sea of emotions. I was falling into the abyss, and he left me there alone.

"I'll show him how it's done." 

*****

N/A: Just let me say Happier it's my favorite. I love Ed. He's coming to my country and I can't wait to cry and hear his voice live and cry some more. 

This is the last one for today. Thanks for reading. Thanks for leaving me comments, you all make me smile so, so much. <3

-H.