21

«I know you're leaving in the morning when you wake up. Leave with some kind of proof is not a dream.» - The only exception. Paramore.

"Uno-senshu"

Ugh.

"Are you still calling me that?"

He smiled.

"See? Now you know how I felt that day."

"Yuzuru."

"Shoma."

He smiled. Playful and childishly.

"Are you 5?"

"No, I'm a ten. Look at me." He posed exaggeratedly and I snorted.

"Yuzu?"

"Hm?"

I'm sorry.

"Nothing. I missed you."

I'm sorry I made you cry.

He ruffled my hair.

"I missed doing that."

I promise I won't make you feel sad anymore.

We decided to work hard, to hold on to our promise. I decided I wanted to make him smile. He decided he wanted to ruffle my hair and hold my hand even if we met twice a year. We decided to cherish moments like this. Every once in a while, we collided. In Boston. In Japan. Here in Marseille.

"Yuzu?"

I was lost.

"Huh?"

"You're staring"

Lost in his eyes.

"I think you're beautiful."

I blushed.

"Y-yuzu!"

He smiled and moved closer. So close, only one inch separated our noses.

"Do I make you nervous, Sho-chan?"

Grinning, he looked at my lips.

"No"

"No?"

He was always doing that. Suddenly grabbing my hand for me to turn into a tomato. Suddenly pinching my cheeks during interviews or press conferences. Staring at me like I was interesting at all.

"Sho-chan, I'm a little mad."

"Heh?"

"But I'm so very proud of you as well."

"Ah, Hanyu-senshu. Thank you."

He pouted.

"Shoma!"

I laughed.

"Your program was just as perfect as you are."

And it was because of him.

"Well, you once told me 'Make it about us'. I want you to know I'm here to do that, Yuzu."

His eyes sparkled. And there it was. The hungry athlete, the king looking at me. It was all I wanted.  

*****

A/N: Massive time skip here. This is Marseille GPF2016. The first time Shoma beated Yuzuru, in the Free he placed second and Yuzu was third. 

And, oh god. Shoma's Free. 

- H.