Chapter 3

Ethan
     She smiles while taking the bag of ice from my hand. But that smile is not calming me at all, it's hurting me. I help pushing her hair back while she putting ice on her bruised forehead. I feel guilty. If I stay with her, at least I can catch her when she was about to fall. But I was too late.
      She lays on bed, still pressing the ice. I sit on my bed, not taking my eyes off her. Damn, Ethan! I feel guilty as fuck.
    I reply my mom's text but still glancing at her who is scrolling her phone. I take this oppoturnity and admiring her looks.
    Brunette wavy hair, hazel eyes just like mine, cute nose, pinky lips, and how her hair falls on her forehead. Everything about her is perfect.
    My daydream goes away as I see Grayson and Cassie enter the room. Oh shit! Hailee's head! Cassie still doesn't notices the bruise.

"Hailee, what happened to your forehead? Did you fall off your bed?"
Grayson asks worrily.
      Hailee seems unspeakable and she glances at me, signaling me to help her answer Grayson's questions. Grayson turns facing me and crosses his arms. Great! I crack my knuckles, not knowing what to say.

   "Well, we were tickling each other and she was running but instead she falls and knocked her head at the bed's head." I lie.
    Hailee tilts her head, trying to understand every words that came out from my mouth. I know but I just don't want her to be blamed by them for her careless mistake.
    Grayson gives me a death glare and Cassie does the same thing. Hailee just staring at her feet without spilling out any words.

  "Ethan Grant Dolan, you should helped her. We are boys and automatically we are incharge of their safety. Please next time make sure she is fine." Grayson says while patting my back. I just nod not saying any words.

Grayson
    He just nod and heading to his study table. I can sense something is wrong when he told me those lies. Please, I am his twin and I know when he's in certain moods. Ethan likes Hailee. Actually, our parents forced Ethan to continue his study because he flopped out on my high school and I was afraid he cannot fit in so I followed him. He was not in a good mood because he didn't want to come but I can see his eyes lightened up when he saw Hailee.
    Ethan hooked up with a lot of girls but none of them that he really loves. They are just toys for him but Hailee is different. Ethan looks at her like she is one of a kind.
      Well, lately Ethan will realise that he needs to confess his feelings to Hailee and I can't wait that moment.
     I really want to know what Hailee has that touched Ethan's locked loves.
   Hailee has something that is the special key to get through Ethan's locked heart.
   I shake my head as I caught Ethan staring at Hailee who is giggling with Cassie's humors. Oh My Ethan!
   Loving a person is not easy because we have to earn a lot of things before earning their unconditional love.
But I am sure Ethan's ready.

     I need to see how's my schedule is. I unpack all my clothes and arrange them neatly in the closet. I watch Ethan from a far and he is nothing like me. He shoves all his clothes and quickly closes the door or the clothes are going to fall out. I shakes my head as he stands up and pushes his hair which falls on his forehead.

    I quickly turn my head to see how's Hailee's reaction. She forms a wide smile and like I expect she is staring at Ethan.
   These two love birds need to be awaken from their fantasy.

"Guysss!! Well we have to get ready because tomorrow is our first day in class!"

I yell, attracting their attentions. I laugh when Cassie covers her ears and her face is like she's in pain.

"Geez, you don't have to yell Gray!"
Cassie says and not long after that, she throws a pillow towards me. I already expect that would happen so I low my head and the pillow go straight on the top of my head, hitting Ethan's side face.
   Cassie's mouth is wide open because she doesn't expect it will hit Ethan. The throw was quite fast so Ethan couldn't help control his balance and he falls on my bed.

"Oh My God! Ethan, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. I wasn't expecting that."

   Hailee walks up to Ethan and checks his face. She shakes her head and picks up the pillow.

"Oh look, your jawline tears the pillow apart!"

We laugh and Ethan laughs along with us. We are so damn happy right now. First day, we are already like bestfriends.
   Cassie who is still laughing, walks right to me. She takes a seat next to me while patting my thigh. She takes a deep breath before spilling out her intentions.

"Well, I think we should talk about those two love birds. It might help brighten their future."

She looks at me with a worry face. I love Ethan and I only want to see him happy, he is not happy since the incident a few years ago.

I wonder what Cassie have in mind.