Chapter 26

Ethan

I packed my clothes and Hailee's. We are in the car right now, going some place where no one can find us. I wish I had a normal life with the one that I love. I would rather die than watching her marries someone else.

I bought some food for our journey. We were singing until my phone rings. It's Grayson. I have to answer it, he is the only one I can trust.

"Ethan! Where the heck are you? Do you know the whole Los Angeles are looking for you?!"

"Grayson, I need help. Please bank in some money. We are going some where else."

"Okay. But bro, be careful! Take care of Hailee."

I promised him before hanging up. Hailee listens to our conversation but she didn't interrupt at all. I giggle when I look at her eating burger like a kid. I place my hand on her thigh and she doesn't complains. She seems to like it.

Grayson

I told Cassie about Ethan's favor. She covers for me as I leave to bank in some money to Ethan's account. I can't believe this. About one year ago, me and Ethan are normal teenagers, online 24/7, stay up all night, eating pizza and now I am helping him to run away from police.

As I arrive at the bank, I withdraw some money before bank them in to Ethan's account. After finish I text him and tell him to be careful.

My bro Ethan: Thanks Gray, thanks for everything.

I go back to the police station so they won't suspect me. As I arrive, I see some of the police cars turn on the siren before zooming out from my sight. I know something is wrong.

I run towards Cassie who just fall on her knees. I hold her in my arms before asking her what happen. She cries her eyes out but it is silent.

"They got into an accident. The police is about to shove Ethan into jail."

She says between her cries. Tears start to form in my eyes when Ethan and Hailee's faces show up in my mind.

Hailee

I crawl weakly to Ethan who is choking with his own blood. I rest my chin against his blood stained shirt. I was sleeping, I don't know what happened.

"E- Ethie. Baby wake up."

I say when I see his chest stops going up and down. His eyes are not closed yet but his eyes are glued to the starry skies. I kiss on his cheek which taste like blood because he cuts his forehead open but that doesn't matter now. This could be my last kiss with the one that I love. Every of my love story has the unexpectable ending.

I scream Ethan's name as the paramedic pulls me away while the police checks Ethan's pulse.

"I can't find his pulse! Send them to the hospital!"

A slight of scared stings my inside. I am scared of losing Ethan. So scared.

The paramedics rush us to the hospital as Ethan might be dead while I might dead inside. My family is blasting off my phone with non stop calls but I ignore it. All I want is to hear Ethan's voice again. That is All I want.

-------------------

The doctor checks my pulse after bandaging all my cuts open. She seems worried of my situation right now. Not responding to anything at all. I am literally dead inside.

"Ms. Hailee, you need to be strong. Your boyfriend needs you, what if he wakes up seeing his love look sick? He must be sad."

"What is the percent of me get to see him again and see him waking up from his deep sleep?"

"If you believe, anything is possible."

She says smiling before walking out from the ward. I stare at my bruised fingers which are playing with the hairband. I replay every unforgetable moments I had with Ethan. What if I lose all of that in one day? Then, I will lose myself because Ethan is me. He is the whole me.

I lift my head up as I hear the door creaking open. It is Grayson and Cassie with my other family. I give them a death glare before staring at my pulse checker monitor next to me.

"If it stops, will you guys still care about me?"

I say with tears filling up my eyes before falling down. I can hear my mom, Hazel and Cassie sniffling. Now they understand my feelings.

They shake their heads before Cassie sits next to me , kissing my cheek softly. Hazel wants to do the same thing but I stop her. After betraying me, she thinks with a heartwarming act can make me forgive her easily. In your dreams.

"Do you know how much I cut myself of your selfishness that encourage me to do so? Do you know how my pillow soaked with my tears? Do you know how much I miss our good times when there is no misunderstanding at all? Do you know how they feels? Well these scars are the main proves."

I hold up hands exposing my wrists which are covered with scars. Their jaws dropped but Grayson seems calm because he knew and he is the first.

"You know who held my back when I fell of these world's cruelness? Ethan, Grayson and Cassie. The most to do so is Ethan. Who helps me understand that world has kindness laying in it? Ethan. Who saved my life countlessly? Ethan. Who makes me want to live in this world when I feel don't want to? Ethan. Who puts a smile on my face even when I bet myself never to smile again. Ethan. Did you guys understand? No. Because you only think that I want him for hooking up."

I sigh in relief as I spill out everything that fills my heart.

Peace✌🏻❤️💛💜💚💙

Thanks to Jody_Rose and dolaneandg99 for voting on each chapter.