Chapter 16

Ethan

The doctor admitted Hailee to a private ward yesterday. A few minutes ago, the doctor said we can visit her now. Cassie has been crying non stop on Grayson's shoulder.

I walk into the ward and I see Hailee sleeping like a baby on the bed. She has a bruised cheek and I think it is because she maybe fell in the bathroom so she hit her head. My knees feel weak when I touch her cold, bandaged wrist. It still has blood stain on it.

"I want to sleep so if you don't mind."
Grayson says and I just nod without saying a word. I am speechless to see my girlfriend like this. I get onto the bed and lay next to her so I can admire her beauty. I swear she is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen and that makes me the luckiest person.

I interlock our hands together while my other hand fondles her hair. I peck her on the forehead when my tears streaming down one by one.
I turn to see how Grayson and Cassie are doing. Grayson and Cassie are sleeping while hugging each other on the couch.
I smile lightly before turning back to continue admiring my angel.

"I love you. I can't describe how much I love you but I just want you to know. Please don't end your life because without you I will be lost. Without you, I will be a stray without a home. Don't worry, no harm will come to you as long as I am still breathing."
I close my eyes and I drift away to sleep.

Hayden (Hailee's mom)

I got the news that Hailee tried to commit suicide from the student administration section in her college. I blame myself for this. I was too selfish and I didn't think about my action first.
Andrew keeps silence because he knew this is his fault. Hailee loves Andrew but he payback in a mean way. Disowning her own daughter.
We knock the door before walking in but there is no reply. When we get in, I see Hailee is sleeping on Ethan's chest and Ethan's hands are around her like he was protecting Hailee from something. Maybe us. I also see Grayson sleeping on the floor while a girl who looks familiar sleeps on the couch. I try to remember the girl's face and I remember her name was Cassie.

I run to Hailee and pull her out from Ethan's embrace but she is very weak. She doesn't give any response to me when I call her name. I start to cry causing Ethan wakes up from his sleep. He wides his eyes as he sees me and Andrew. I mouth "I am sorry" to him but he doesn't give any response either.

Ethan slowly pulls back Hailee into her embrace and now I know from whom he is protecting Hailee. Me.

"Hailee, babe wake up. Your parents are here."
I am touched by the way Ethan wakes her up and the way he calls her. I look at Andrew and he is giving a dirty look at Ethan. I slap his arm but he stills doesn't stop underestimating Ethan.

Hailee

I wake up, seeing Ethan's sweet smile. He pecks me on the forehead and I feel safe. Not for long until I see my parents and my siblings are here. My dad is giving Ethan a dirty look.
I start to cry and scream to Ethan so he will tell my family to go. He cups my cheek, making me stop being hysterical.

"Listen, they are your parents. Without them, we never meet each other. If you love me, please be kind to them. They raised you to be the woman I love. Give one more chance please."

Ethan unwraps his hands before helping me to get up. Then, he gets off the bed to wake Grayson.

"I thought I would never see you again."
Hazel gives me a hug while crying onto my shoulder. I hug her awkwardly because I already consider her just a friend. Harry hugs me and brush his lips against my forehead, mumbling he loves me.

I stick my hand out so I can reach to Ethan. He grabs my hand and I hug him so tight. I can hear his heartbeat and it makes me calm.

"Ethan, can we talk to you privately? It is about your girlfriend."
My mom glances at me when she says the word 'girlfriend'. Ethan nods but before going out he pecks me on my lips while mouthing me to 'stay'.

My parents walk out and Ethan follows their lead. Cassie follows too and I think maybe she wants to get something at the cafeteria.
I signal Grayson to come and sit with me. He does and also wrapping his hands around my shoulder.

"We miss you. We were begging to mom and dad to let us see you."
Harry speaks while Hazel is wiping her tears away.
"I miss you too but I was begging to God to take my life."
Hazel burst out crying harder and Harry looks shocked with what I just said.

Grayson ties my hair into a messy bun with the hairband that Ethan gave to me.
I feel weird when my siblings are around.

I wonder what my parents are actually talking about with Ethan.

Peace✌🏻❤️💛💙💜💚