Chapter 28

Grayson

We all walk out together while I push Hailee's wheelchair. We are heading to the cafeteria to get something to eat since we didn't ate anything since yesterday. As we sit together, I ask Hailee what she wants and she says she is in the mood for hot chocolate. I need to be her Ethan when Ethan isn't here. I ain't Ethan that much, giving her sweet talks.

After getting her hot chocolate, I sit next to her while she is scrolling through Ethan's phone. She plays a video that I took with Ethan's phone the other day. Video of her and Ethan.

You light me up inside, like the 4th of July,
When ever you're around,
I always seem to smile and people ask me how well you're the reason why I ' m

DANCING IN THE MIRROR, SINGING IN THE SHOWER

LEE DE LE DA LE DA!

They sang the song together when we were at the waterpark. They were so happy that time.

Her face is expressionless but tear by tear slip out from her hazel shiny eyes. She opens Ethan's song playlist.

Suddenly, the song All I Want by Kodaline comes in. Her tears escape even more.

All I Want is nothing more,
To hear you knocking at my door,
If I could see your face once more,
I could die as a happy man I'm sure,
When you said your last goodbye,
I died a little bit inside,
I lay in tears in bed all night,
Alone without you by my side,
But if you loved me,
Why'd you leave me?
Take my body, take my body
All I want is, all I need is

I turn off the song as she buries her face in her arms. She is sobbing as I see her body is shaking. I really feel the same but as I said, I have to be her Ethan. I rub circles on her back trying to comfort her. It's the least I can do for her.

After we finish our meal, we head back to Ethan's ward. Hailee said she can walk so we left the wheel chair at the counter. I wrap my arms around Cassie and Hailee's shoulder. These two girls are the ones who I cared the most about. I can't live even one of them is gone so do I feel about Ethan.

"Grayson, would you leave me if Ethan dies?"

I shake my head while fondling Hailee's hair.

"Never. And Ethan will never dies, he loves you. He couldn't just leave you behind."

"I hope so."

She sounds so hopeless but yet fearless if death takes her because she swore that she would do that for Ethan.

"Is the baby a boy or girl?"

"Grayson! My pregnancy is only for a month!"

A smile forms on her face and I am so glad that happens. At least, I can make her smile at her roughest time. She giggles while punching my shoulder playfully.

"Oww, you hurt me!"

"Calm your ass down, Grayson Bailey Dolan! You are not gonna die."

I laugh hard while she squeals like a baby. Cassie smiles widely as she sees her boyfriend and bestfriend is having fun in a hard situation. I peck her cheek and continue giggling with Hailee. She presses her tummy since she laughs hardly.

"Hey cool down! I don't my nieces to come out as a goofy like us!"

She laughs even harder and I glance at her parents and they mouth me 'thank you'. I smile lightly before the doctor comes in catching our attentions.

"Ethan is at the most critical situation but he woke up just now and asked me to call his girlfriend. Hailee Rose Henry?"

Hailee

I stand up as the doctor said my full name. She smiles a pained smile before pulling my hand to Ethan's ward. I follow her lead. When we walk in Ethan's ward, I got weak in my knees as I see him fully awake but still laying weakly.

"I will leave you both alone."

The doctor leaves us both alone.

"Ha-Hailee."

I walk slowly to him with tears streaming down my face. He looks so weak not as always, hyper boy fooling around with his twin.

"I miss you, Ethie. So much. I am sorry."

"Why? You never did anything wrong, baby."

He says with his eyes closed. His eyes are bruised badly but I don't give a damn about his look. All I want is his heart. His love.

Ethan opens his eyes and tears escape his eyes. His hand which is shaking placed on top of mine. I plant kisses all over his hand. His other hand is cupping my cheek and I can feel the warmth against my cold cheek.

"Come, lay with me."

I get on the bed, carefully so I won't interrupt the wires that covered his chest. I lay my head on his shoulder while my arm on his toned abs. I peck his cheek and I see a sweet smile forming on his lips. I feel happy but sad at the same time.

"I love you Hailee. More than anything."

I cried myself to sleep while writing this chapter. I can't. This story is touching me so badddddddd😭😭😭

Thanks for reading! 😍😍😍

Peace✌🏻❤️💜💚💙💛